Protecting your bike while parked in your garage ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Protecting your bike while parked in your garage ?

KenC

Currently I have a makeshift sort of cover around my bike because I've had the kids and their friends just throwing stuff around in the garage and bicycles/scooters/skateboards/other-crap leaned up against my bike...

Anyone else do the same or have something similar ?

I'm thinking of building something more "one-piece" and/or stable....

My kids aren't too bad, but when the friends come over (and there are some kids who just don't care/listen).
Outside ain't an option....it's condo townhouse...don't even go there....

Keep them out the garage?

I saw my landlord's kid drop 3 bikes that were stacked together and almost hit her nice Mercedes.... I cringed... Since them I've been leaving my stands between my bike and the bicycles.

Sent from Tapatalk.

I'd be telling my kids that if their friends aren't going to respect my property, then they aren't welcome on my property.

If my kid doesn't respect my property, they my kid will not have any property of his own -- i.e. no video games, no phone or ipad, nothing until he can learn to respect other's property.

You need to teach your kids properly, not develop makeshift ways of dealing with a lack of discipline.

I told mine that if they ding the bike I would make their life living hell and that they would wish for death.
That and we have 3 dogs to pick up after it's a crapy job.

Known by some

Yeah, really, It's your own fault for not teaching you kids properly.
My kids know that they better not scratch my car, bike or my wife's car or bike.
They know it so well, that they will tell others to get away from our bikes and cars.
Even the neighbors kids know that playing ball near my bikes or cars is off limits.

Teach your kids respect.
Then maybe your possessions will also get some.

lol...this has turned into a parent bashing....like I said, it's mostly other kids (mine did it once or twice), but stuff happens when your not around or at home.

If youve got the space for it build a framed wall and just keep all your gear in there wirh the bike. Put hangers for jacket and helmets.

I have a buddy whose dad did something similar but for hockey equipment.

build a box on wheels open on the left side. Park and wheel the box around the bike.

Great idea. I was thinking something similar, but I like the idea of moving the box for a tight fit, rather than maneuvering the bike. The other thing I was considering for my bike is a ready made shed for the backyard, as our garage is very small. If your bike fits, an oversized doghouse would even work.

Too bad kids have friends, and that pesky freewill thing.

Currently I have a makeshift sort of cover around my bike because I've had the kids and their friends just throwing stuff around in the garage and bicycles/scooters/skateboards/other-crap leaned up against my bike...

Anyone else do the same or have something similar ?

I'm thinking of building something more "one-piece" and/or stable....

Looks like some serious time went into designing and building of this "cover" :lmao:

attachment.php

I'd be telling my kids that if their friends aren't going to respect my property, then they aren't welcome on my property.

If my kid doesn't respect my property, they my kid will not have any property of his own -- i.e. no video games, no phone or ipad, nothing until he can learn to respect other's property.

You need to teach your kids properly, not develop makeshift ways of dealing with a lack of discipline.

Exactly this. If they're leaving s*** against your bike, give one hell of a talking to.

Mine are good now(7&8), but I once rebuilt my cr250. Spent all winter doing it, springtime all buttoned up and just needs oil. Drop in the funnel, turn around to grab the oil. When I turn back my 4 year old boy is filling the funnel with sand/gravel. They don't play with the bikes much anymore, except their own...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are good now(7&8), but I once rebuilt my cr250. Spent all winter doing it, springtime all buttoned up and just needs oil. Drop in the funnel, turn around to grab the oil. When I turn back my 4 year old boy is filling the funnel with sand/gravel. They don't play with the bikes much anymore, except their own...

Haha, sorry but this is a hilarious story. Kids eh.

Haha, sorry but this is a hilarious story. Kids eh.

Oh hell yeah, I laugh about it now. I tell them I look forward to the day they have nice things and I can blame my actions on senility/delusions. Lol

Back
Top Bottom