will my policy be cancelled? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

will my policy be cancelled?

they have to manually check everyones record?? that stuffs not automated or smthng?? I just assumed when we get tickets, our insurance companies just automatically notified. if thats true, then good thing I didnt call my broker yet :)

나의 SM-N900W8 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
At one point I had 6 tickets, my insurance never checked, so i kept quiet and now 3 years later I have a clean record and their best rate.

At one point I had 6 tickets, my insurance never checked, so i kept quiet and now 3 years later I have a clean record and their best rate.

Man the cop that pulled us over was an A**hole, so i called him out on it and he gave me $235 while giving the other guy 180 just cause he can. That was his words

Man the cop that pulled us over was an A**hole, so i called him out on it and he gave me $235 while giving the other guy 180 just cause he can. That was his words

lol
I have a few cop buddies. They call it the attitude test. Sounds like you failed.

lol
I have a few cop buddies. They call it the attitude test. Sounds like you failed.

So do I, does an attitude test warant a higher ticket? These guys are Puplic servants their job is to uphold and protect the law not abuse their power. I wasnt even being rude to him, I kindly asked him and it seems to have bothered him. So he gave be a higher ticket, thats seems legit =P

So do I, does an attitude test warant a higher ticket? These guys are Puplic servants their job is to uphold and protect the law not abuse their power. I wasnt even being rude to him, I kindly asked him and it seems to have bothered him. So he gave be a higher ticket, thats seems legit =P
Well some cops are cool guys and some are power tripping D-bags. If I get stopped, I don't care which I get, if saying yes sir/no sir saves me $100 I'll stfu.

I agree with you there, I should have kept my mouth shut. The cops I know are cool guys and have full out respect for them.

That has more to do with material changes in risk. Moving houses, selling cars, using a vehicle for business purposes etc.
As the person who writes the cheques for an insurance company, it simply doesn't happen.

Can you clarify? Does denial of claims due to non-disclosure of HTA infractions/convictions not regularly happen or has it never happen?

With the way it is worded in the OAP1 Owners Policy it seems it could happen.

https://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/auto/...Application-and-Endorsement-Forms/1215E.1.pdf

Your Responsibilities
If you fail to meet your responsibilities claims under this policy with the exception of certain Accident Benefits may be denied.
By accepting this contract you agree to the following conditions.
You agree to notify us promptly in writing of any significant change of which you are aware in your status as a driver, owner or lessee of a described automobile.
You also agree to let us know of any change that might increase the risk of an incident or affect our willingness to insure you at current rates.
You must promptly tell us of any change in information supplied in your original application for insurance, such as additional drivers, or a change in the way a described automobile is used.

When you apply for insurance you have to answer a question regarding traffic violations.

All tickets I got were well deserved, mostly being distracted driving home from work doing 65 on a a 50 and stupid stuff like that. can't blame the Cops for it.

Nothing I can do with the fact they are (Most of them at least) *****, but I am smart enough to behave professionally and not give them any more means to penalize me.

And I agree with you there, like I said earlier I should have just kept my mouth shut and let them do their thing. But this officer was being rude to my friend and I, unfortunately for me I have a big mouth and it got me nowhere. What can I say, lesson learned.

Called my insurance company and my friend i know that works in the auto insurance market. Both cool people and both said its up to you to inform us. In the end, it wont affect your claim or get denied/cancelled. Just keep quiet noone will get hurt.

That said, just keep your mouth shut unless they explicitly ask you

Can you clarify? Does denial of claims due to non-disclosure of HTA infractions/convictions not regularly happen or has it never happen?

With the way it is worded in the OAP1 Owners Policy it seems it could happen.

https://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/auto/...Application-and-Endorsement-Forms/1215E.1.pdf

When you apply for insurance you have to answer a question regarding traffic violations.

You're technically not wrong. The oap1 is written in such a way that an insurance company 'could' attempt to deny a claim, but there are a few things to consider.
First the ticket would have to have changed the decision to write the policy had the insurer known about it. So you'd have to exceed the underwriting guideline of the specific insurer.
If that was the case, and the insurer decided to exercise that option it would immediately be shot down in court and the insurer would likely be fined for acting in bad faith. It is not industry standard to deny based in convictions unrelated to the accident so the insurer would need to prove that they had just grounds to single that particular person out.
Long story short, it may be true as per the oap1 but it is absolutely never used in practice and at this point would not be allowable by any court.

Now, if you don't tell your insurer that you've decided to turn your caravan into a taxi.....you're going to have a bad time if you need to claim. That's more what we're concerned about and what we use that rule for.

Back
Top Bottom