Toronto Bike Store Services = crap | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto Bike Store Services = crap

victorbrca

Site Supporter
Why is it so hard to get good service for most of the bike stores here in Toronto? It seems most of the people working at these stores are either not trained or don't give a ****.

I stopped shopping at Royal two years ago... Not going back to Kahuna after today... Pretty soon gonna run out of stores.

/end rant

Why is it so hard to get good service for most of the bike stores here in Toronto? It seems most of the people working at these stores are either not trained or don't give a ****.

I stopped shopping at Royal two years ago... Not going back to Kahuna after today... Pretty soon gonna run out of stores.

/end rant

What kind of services are you looking for? The chain came off my bike last summer and I took it in to Cycle Werx. Price was fair, time for repair was about two weeks while we waited for the parts to come in (sprocket, bolts, chain). Overall pretty good, and Noy and Anthony were helpful and friendly.

Edit: http://cyclewerx.ca/

what was done that made you unhappy?

/end rant

i went to several bike shops with a buddy, we walked around, looked at some stuff, noone really approached us, or they were with other customers. since we were browsing i didnt care. hje ******* the whole way home about bad service.

don't be like my buddy. tell us what was bad about the service.

It's just the whole attitude they have towards customers. They either have no clue, no customer service skills or no common sense.

For Kahuna every time I go there it's something... from them giving you the parts book to look for a part and walking away to not following a simple first come first serve (AKA line up).

Anyways, I'm not trying to be an ***... there are other bike stores where people are actually nice and look after the clients... and then there's these stores where they are just too good for you.

What kind of services are you looking for? The chain came off my bike last summer and I took it in to Cycle Werx. Price was fair, time for repair was about two weeks while we waited for the parts to come in (sprocket, bolts, chain). Overall pretty good, and Noy and Anthony were helpful and friendly.

Edit: http://cyclewerx.ca/

Two weeks for parts?

I prefer when people leave me alone, if I have questions I'll ask. And if it comes to parts, tony @ bluestreak, always excellent service and generally very competitive pricing.

I prefer when people leave me alone, if I have questions I'll ask. And if it comes to parts, tony @ bluestreak, always excellent service and generally very competitive pricing.

+1 for Tony @ bluestreak. He is awesome and VERY helpful, not just looking to close a sale.

If anybody has ever worked retail, they know what a royal pain in the butt some customers can be. Some are just plain ignorant and others are just plain stupid, and it's usually the guy who wants to buy everything at 95% off who's the worst ignoramus of them all...after the sale.

Over the years of being exposed to the fetid, smoldering dung heap of customers they have to deal with, many staff become weary and leery and "qualify" people when they walk into the store,...a big mistake, but they have become jaded over the years, it's only human nature.

Then, you have the pros. They're the ones you want to deal with. They never judge you, always treat you with the same amount of professionalism if you're buying a spark plug or a new machine. Unfortunately, they represent about 20% of staff, and who, unfortunately for the sour pusses, get 80% of the business. They are tough to find, and you'll know one when you meet him/her.

I too am the type that prefers to be left alone, until I'm ready to buy, because I'm the perfect buyer: informed before I walk into the showroom/dealership, I know what I want and what I'll pay. But, if the sales person is friendly, I'll chat him/her up too before I buy. I like to assess their knowledge, commitment to the sport/lifestyle. Some get my respect, some my money, most only the simple pleasure of my company.

But, the absolute worst type of salesperson is the sexy young girl, in tight clothes and tattoos. I actually resent that and almost have to bite my tongue not to tell girls like that to get real. If I want to chat up sleezey looking girls, I'll go to the strip clubs. They should learn to keep things professional.

Last edited:

Agree I like to be left alone until I need something I will ask a sales associate

At the January bike show, my main purpose of attending was to get a 1pc suit. I walked around from vendor to vendor and tried on many suits. Finally ended up at the GP bikes booth, the sales lady asked if I needed help, I asked for a specific model, size and colour. I also asked if I could try the suit on, she was very helpful on how it should fit. She even let me go to another vendors booth and sit on a bike to really see how it fit. I was very pleased with the customer service. I mentioned to her that the exact suit was cheaper by $50 at another vendor, but only in black. I said that I would buy from her anyways as I believe good customer service is a dying breed. As I was changing out of the suit, she had gone over to the other vendors booth and took a picture of the sale sign, so she could show her manager and price match (without me asking if they would).

I also deal with Riders choice for tires and gear, always treated well there. I was inquiring about some parts for my bike and the mechanic came out from the back and gave me some pointers on the repair. Sturgess in Hamilton has always been good to deal with too, both parts counter and inquiring about new bikes. I believe in treating people how I would like to be treated.

I usually try and give them a chance, until they screw up a couple of times, or one time big screw up... and then I'll never go back.

At the January bike show, my main purpose of attending was to get a 1pc suit. I walked around from vendor to vendor and tried on many suits. Finally ended up at the GP bikes booth, the sales lady asked if I needed help, I asked for a specific model, size and colour. I also asked if I could try the suit on, she was very helpful on how it should fit. She even let me go to another vendors booth and sit on a bike to really see how it fit. I was very pleased with the customer service. I mentioned to her that the exact suit was cheaper by $50 at another vendor, but only in black. I said that I would buy from her anyways as I believe good customer service is a dying breed. As I was changing out of the suit, she had gone over to the other vendors booth and took a picture of the sale sign, so she could show her manager and price match (without me asking if they would).

I don't know if it's the older lady at GP (I always forget her name). She's a sweetheart and always helped me really well either at the show or at the store. Whenever I can I try to get her help.

But, the absolute worst type of salesperson is the sexy young girl, in tight clothes and tattoos. I actually resent that and almost have to bite my tongue not to tell girls like that to get real. If I want to chat up sleezey looking girls, I'll go to the strip clubs. They should learn to keep things professional.

I don't have a problem with that. What's wrong with a sexy young girl enjoying wearing tight clothes and colourful tattoos before she gets old and fat?

Resent their lack of knowledge not their appearance.

+1 for gp bikes
Always helpful
But I generally go in and do my own thing until I want help
I also Find that being able to just go through the parts books if helpful to me.

Yeah, working customer service sucks at the best of times. I know because I do it. One really good or really bad interaction can make or break your day - it's hard to be objective.

But the first thing I thought when I saw this thread was, of course they're crabby, they would rather be riding!

Back
Top Bottom