State funerals

Do you agree with taxpayers paying for a state funeral

• Yes

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 80.6%

• Total voters
It's cute that you guys think it would just 'go to local businesses'

That might be true to some extent but it's more likely that it went to a local business that is owned by the brother of the guy coordinating the funeral arrangements and the price was 400% higher because the government is paying for it. That's how the real world works.

It's cute that you guys think it would just 'go to local businesses'

That might be true to some extent but it's more likely that it went to a local business that is owned by the brother of the guy coordinating the funeral arrangements and the price was 400% higher because the government is paying for it. That's how the real world works.

I agree. But once it's in the hands of the brother of the guy it gets spent on yachts and fancy baubles. If the the money's not sheltered off shore it's all good to a point. Now, cop funerals, while I agree there should be more of them are over the top.

Wouldn't it be better if there were fewer of them?

Not according to the good bad ugly thread. Just saying the funerals should be toned down. With the existing us v them mentality they like to foster I don't appreciate having their solidarity rubbed in my face.

I agree. But once it's in the hands of the brother of the guy it gets spent on yachts and fancy baubles. If the the money's not sheltered off shore it's all good to a point. Now, cop funerals, while I agree there should be more of them are over the top.

With that kind of logic give me 100 million of tax payers money, i'll put it back into the economy by buying exotic cars, bikes, boats, hookers and drugs.

With that kind of logic give me 100 million of tax payers money, i'll put it back into the economy by buying exotic cars, bikes, boats, hookers and drugs.

I knew somebody would understand. I just didn't think it be you.

Back
Top Bottom