Do I Really Need My M1? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do I Really Need My M1?

sTRANn

According to the government on Ontario website here it says:

"When you successfully complete a motorcycle safety course, you will get a referral envelope. If you bring this referral envelope to a DriveTest centre, within six months, you do not need to take the M1 road test – you move directly to the next level (M2)."

But every course I've seen requires your M1 as a pre-requisite to sign up.

So who do I trust? Who's right?

Ahh I see what they mean.

By "M1 Road Test" they mean "M1 Exit Test".

You need to do the written test to get your M1 BUT after completing and passing the course you do not need to take the "M1 Road/Exit Test" at the ministry, you will be given your M2 since you did that test during your course.

What the gov website is trying to say is that you do not need to take THEIR M1 Exit road test. The safety course includes an equivalent test.

Last edited:
You have to write a written test to get your M1@ a drive test center. You need this for the course.

You take the course that includes the M1 exit (aka M1 road test) test.

Take the sealed envelope to the drive test office 61 days after you took the written test.

Last edited:
Really.......

I respond 2 minutes after he posts and beat by 3 guys lol.

Get out and ride folks :p

The motorcycle course is a substitute for taking the road test to GET your M2, which is called the M1 exit test.

According to the government on Ontario website here it says:

"When you successfully complete a motorcycle safety course, you will get a referral envelope. If you bring this referral envelope to a DriveTest centre, within six months, you do not need to take the M1 road test – you move directly to the next level (M2)."

But every course I've seen requires your M1 as a pre-requisite to sign up.

So who do I trust? Who's right?

What they mean by the M1 road test is: M1 exit test, they basically say that you dont need to have a road test, like you do with your G1 -> G2 with the ministry.
Meaning: your course test counts as a 'ministry road test'

In this winter weather we've got? :/

No riding but I am going to look over a bike a friend may be purchasing today.

Its +2, thats not winter weather lol

I know...

I just use to get up and go but after this long winter I've grown weary and after a handful of seasons on the same bike am in no hurry to get out either. I rode the past 5 days or so before we got hit by winter yesterday...

yeah well if my commute wasn't 2 hours then I would be riding..lol Rode twice last week each time the commute was to a different location so only 1.5 hours each way..

OP, PM me if you still need clarification re. M1, M2

Back
Top Bottom