Insurance for YZF R6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for YZF R6

kcalB

Ok so I found an R6 that I want. A little older, but money makes the world go round, and i don't have a lot of it.

Obviously I have not yet bought the bike, I've been attempting to get insurance quotes. The only place that’s willing to even look at me is primmum (through T.D) That being said:

I'm 26, with an M2 (I’ll be taking the exit test as soon as i get the bike, but that’s not relevant) G1 (because I have a M2, I ride i don't drive) Been insured for three years through Jevco, on my previous bikes, and had my M2 since 2009. Also married, no claims, tickets, or accidents.

State Farm insures but only if you have a G, Riders plus wouldn't, but said call state farm.

So Does any one know any other companies that are willing to ensure an under 30 with an R6?

I have a feeling I'm stuck with 2,321.00 with primmum, but if any one has any suggestions, please let me know

Just called corner stone. She said take the primmum. Waiting to get the VIN's from the 2 bikes i'm going to check out. Dam now I feel like this primmum quote(online) is to good to be true.

Welcome to the wonderful world of insurancing supersports lol.

In all honesty, since you don't qualify for SF, that quote isn't thaaaat bad.

Just called corner stone. She said take the primmum. Waiting to get the VIN's from the 2 bikes i'm going to check out. Dam now I feel like this primmum quote(online) is to good to be true.

Never ever trust an online quote. Call them, and when they give you a quote, ask them to email it to you. Quotes are good for 30 days from what I remember seeing on quotes I was given when I was looking for insurance, so as long as you have the documentation for the quote all you'll need to do is call the insurance company on the day you pick up the bike, give them the necessary info, and most can email you your temporary insurance slip right then. then you just head into an office to sign the paperwork

Thanks guys.

Also i'm an idiot, i spent almost an hour trying to search for SS insurance throught he forms and found nothing. Went home downloaded tap talk and found a thread within 5 minutes. I have the VIN for one of the bikes I am going to check out, now I just have to wait until 8 to call them and see if the locked in quote is near the online quote. Sounds like I may have to start looking for a ZF6.

That quote isn't too bad.

I got quotes from SF for CBR600RR, FZ6, and FZ6R. It was $1800ish for 600cc, SV650/Ninja 650 were $2000ish. And this is with 31yo, 10+yr G, 2yr M2, and no car under the policy.

Thanks guys.

Also i'm an idiot, i spent almost an hour trying to search for SS insurance throught he forms and found nothing. Went home downloaded tap talk and found a thread within 5 minutes. I have the VIN for one of the bikes I am going to check out, now I just have to wait until 8 to call them and see if the locked in quote is near the online quote. Sounds like I may have to start looking for a ZF6.

This. Find yourself a clean fz6 or similar. More comfortable since it's primary wheels, less for insurance, still plenty of giddy-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Find yourself a clean fz6 or similar. More comfortable since it's primary wheels, less for insurance, still plenty of giddy-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got a YZF600, the little brother lol

I just bought a 2012 Yamaha YZF-R6 and my insurance is 126 / month, I also just got my M1 April 1st. Yes I am 35 and have a clean record.

Dam, there is a diffrence when you hit 25, but i guess the big number is 30, ah well 4 years until then. By then i'll be looking for an R1 lol

Dam, there is a diffrence when you hit 25, but i guess the big number is 30, ah well 4 years until then. By then i'll be looking for an R1 lol

Depends on the company, Not many compnaies had a big rates decrease from 29 to 30 when I was insurance shopping, but SF does have a huge drop from 24-25.

Back
Top Bottom