Yamaha tdr250 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha tdr250

Its really funny, because when they were new no one bought them. They were bolted to the dealers' floors. Now they're 'collectable'...

Its really funny, because when they were new no one bought them. They were bolted to the dealers' floors. Now they're 'collectable'...

Trying to mentally put this thing in historical context, it looks surprisingly modern for something designed in 88. So I guess with all the JDM 2-stroke 250cc sportbikes of the time (which we generally didn't get), this is just Yamaha using the motor for another chassis? Did anyone else do something like this?

Last edited:
Clint MacBride from Dualsport Plus had one of the first ones delivered to Canada in 88. It was an awesome bike. I watched him jump stumps, climb logs and he even taped up the lights and entered an amateur flat track race with it in Paris Ontario.
I'd love to have a tdr in the garage.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Trying to mentally put this thing in historical context, it looks surprisingly modern for something designed in 88. So I guess with all the JDM 2-stroke 250cc sportbikes of the time (which we generally didn't get), this is just Yamaha using the motor for another chassis? Did anyone else do something like this?
The motor is from the 87 tzr250. Which was also used in the r1z.

Not dirt, but aprilia used the rgv250 engine in the aprilia rs250.

happens to so many bikes that were ahead of their time here. Honda Hawk GT, Suzuki RG500 Gamma, even the big ruckus scooter

Oh my God. Thanks for that, those two bikes are amazing.
https://youtu.be/Vwkhth5wUQk
8175a10f71844f00d1e46aa946216149.jpg

I was kinda sad when he switched them from spoked rims to the R6 cast rims but alas they are not my bikes.

Hi Guys,

Well, if anyone is interested in an exceptional example with only minor cosmetic blemishes ... let me know. I am taking mine out of storage next weekend and I am thinking of selling it. I know, I’ll probably regret it but I have way too many bikes and this one is gorgeous. It needs to stay in Canada!

I bought the bike 3 years ago. It was rebuilt with no expense sparred by the previous owner. I have invoices from the previous owner in excess of $4k on parts alone. Yes, it has blemishes and the frame paint is not new, but it really is in fantastic condition and it rides beautifuly. I have probably ridden no more than 300 km’s In the past 3 yrs. As soon as I get this out of storage, I will post some better pics.

Very nice, there should be some interest for that.
b6c9781dfb13a21cc2e264be8498bcd2.jpg

Thabs

thanks for the quick reply...im pretty interested in it...is there a way to privately talk about the bike/price....thanks
If you click on his username, you can send him a private message. Much easier and safer to send contact info that way.

Aw man. I've wanted one of these since I found out about them but already have two bikes. No more room. Maybe if it were cheap but I'm not thinking that's gonna happen.

Like many I am looking for one of these as well. Please post links if you come across any.

Back
Top Bottom