looking to rent a bike for my M test | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

looking to rent a bike for my M test

Does the ministry care if it's your own bike or not? My M2 exit course coming up requires proof of ownership that it's my bike along with insurance. This is my second time around because I couldn't afford a bike the first time I got my M1 and even if I rented, I had virtually no road experience.

I also looked at GTA Exotics back then but their site says that bikes won't be back for rental until June this year.

Honestly if you have a bike, it could be more cost effective to get your plates and a talk to your insurance about short term options given your situation.

Looks like RTI may have the bike included. Whch would explaine why their cost for the M test is higher.

will call today and report later.

Thanks for all the replies

My bike needs some work... i wasn't sure if they would allow me to do the test or not.

Taillight is proben, clutch handle is also broken. Not in the mood to really fix up the bike at this point in my life

RTI does not rent bikes.

The lever can be fixed in 20 minutes, what is wrong with taillight?

My bike needs some work... i wasn't sure if they would allow me to do the test or not.

Taillight is proben, clutch handle is also broken. Not in the mood to really fix up the bike at this point in my life
Hate to say it because people are trying to help you out but it seems you are better off letting your license expire and sell your bike if your big problem is a clutch lever and a tail light and having a chat with your insurance company.

No one in here is going to "rent" you their bike for 60 bucks.

So someone should let you use their bike that they have spent time and money on maintaining because your too lazy to spend a few minutes on your own bike? At this point in your life.

It looks like someone cut a smiley face in it... the bulb is ok, just the cover.

Flying Squirrel said it would be like $60 to get the cover.

Where abouts do you live? maybe you can help?

and i agree, i think may be old. 30th bday was in Jan and that morning i felt my lower back start to hurt. I am forgetting things.. man sucks getting old eh

RTI does not rent bikes.

The lever can be fixed in 20 minutes, what is wrong with taillight?

Like ZX600 said... If your big problem is a clutch lever or tail light (which are easy to do, for yourself and a shop) then maybe you shouldn't be riding.

You pay to play, if you can't maintain the basics you shouldn't be considering being on the road.. Let alone asking someone to lend a bike to you when you don't even have the will to fix up your own bike.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

I'm in a similar situation, sold my bike and my M2 is expiring - didn't realize that some M2 exit courses provided bikes? Which ones?

None of them do. Think responder thought it was a m2 licence.

Good luck guys.

Actually, when I had my M test with RTI, one guy in a group rented a bike from RTI for the test. I don't know how it is now, but I think it is possible with a school.
I think that 125cc is non acceptable for the M test... not sure

Ok, did all the work for you. Kijiji-city of Toronto, ad Id # 580496603, located in Vaughn. They rent ninja 250, and cruiser 250. $160/day, website is GTABIKES.ca. Do you want me to ride the test for you too? I doubt if any member is going to rent their bike, call these guys or fix your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like someone cut a smiley face in it... the bulb is ok, just the cover.

and i agree, i think may be old. 30th bday was in Jan and that morning i felt my lower back start to hurt. I am forgetting things.. man sucks getting old eh

It looks like you had an experience of dropping your bike following your description. Am I right?

LOL about the 30th bday :lmao:

It looks like you had an experience of dropping your bike following your description. Am I right?

LOL about the 30th bday :lmao:

Oh man, that's what I have to look foreward too in 5 months? I better start selling all my bikes before they fall apart from lack of maintenance.

I don't come on hear to flame people because really, i don't care what others think, i just ask a simple question.

Want to help great, if not why reply? think it is a dumb question, ignore it.

If you cannot read, i will simplfy it for you.

BIKE IS NOT INSURANCED, NO PLATES, NOT STREET READY.

It isn't because i am lazy, or cheap. But why pay for a bike and insurance if i am always in my car for work? maybe all of you have won the lotto, but my priorties are set on my own business, having a wedding , buying a new car and buying a damn newly built house.

the part about dropping my bike. I once dropped it on a hill and the kick start wasnt working. Where i live is notorouis for people to sit and smoke weed. My bike is always parked outside. One day i started the bike, stood back to put on my gear and noticed it.

for the people wo have actually helped thanks.

Cheers

the old part i wasn't joking about :p

Hey bud, Nothing personal, but if you are not planning to ride - why bothering about M licence? And if you think that 30 is old - then most of us whom you are talking to are history...
Call RTI and ask them. They might not rent now, but will suggest where to...
Take it easy on hills))
I don't come on hear to flame people because really, i don't care what others think, i just ask a simple question.

Want to help great, if not why reply? think it is a dumb question, ignore it.

If you cannot read, i will simplfy it for you.

BIKE IS NOT INSURANCED, NO PLATES, NOT STREET READY.

It isn't because i am lazy, or cheap. But why pay for a bike and insurance if i am always in my car for work? maybe all of you have won the lotto, but my priorties are set on my own business, having a wedding , buying a new car and buying a damn newly built house.

the part about dropping my bike. I once dropped it on a hill and the kick start wasnt working. Where i live is notorouis for people to sit and smoke weed. My bike is always parked outside. One day i started the bike, stood back to put on my gear and noticed it.

for the people wo have actually helped thanks.

Cheers

I thought I was the most pessimistic person in the world but man!!!!

Nah man. I got my own mess to put back together. I'm a 41 year old female-try menopause if you wanna ***** about being old.

Where do you live? Maybe we can suggest some help with out anyone (including you) being a d-bag.

Any way you slice it, you are looking a couple of hundred bucks to rent something and most will need more for a deposit.

It's been my experience the only way you'll get someone to lend a bike to you is, if they know you real well and have ridden together for some time. No amount of cash will help.

Good look.

PS. If you can swing the cash, I'd just put in back on the road and fix up the cosmetics and book the test. You can always cancel the insurance after you get the M? It still might cost you a few bucks but, might be less hassle?

my priorties are set on my own business, having a wedding , buying a new car and buying a damn newly built house.

A man's got to know his limitations. You're not young anymore. What with taillight probens, broken clutch handles and moods not swinging in your favour I'd recommend sticking to your priorities. You have a lot to do in your few remaining years. Choose wisely.

Back
Top Bottom