looking to rent a bike for my M test | GTAMotorcycle.com

looking to rent a bike for my M test

simcoe19

Hello All,
I am looking to borrow a Motorcycle either 250 CC or 125CC for my M Road test.

I have been riding for 4 years but in September of this year i took off insurance and my plates because i bought a new car and don't have the money to support both.

About me.

30 years old
Married
4 years of riding
non agressive rider
respectable
Have my own gear ( jacket, gloves, helmet and boots)
no tickets either with car or bike.

I haven't booked the test yet, however i just looked at the site and it wouldn be until the middle of June hopefully morning at Downsview.

I would like to have atleast 1 of practice. And after the test a nice Tim's is on me =).

Please reply with a rate and then we can try to set something in stone.

Thanks many.

Dave

Try googling gtabikes, they rent for test purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't get a response here have you considered the testing schools with their own bikes?

I see these threads pop up all the time and im curious whether people are really willing to risk their bike and insurance record for a couple bucks

I'm in a similar situation, sold my bike and my M2 is expiring - didn't realize that some M2 exit courses provided bikes? Which ones?

None of them do. Think responder thought it was a m2 licence.

Good luck guys.

Try googling gtabikes, they rent for test purposes.

Hey look! Someone rents 250's expressly for the purpose of taking the road test. And look, they are on kijiji, in the Gta, called gtabikes.
/end thread

You'll pay with a 2 dollar coffee? Let's be real, you're taking me to Starbucks and giving me $400 dollars for a 30 min practice and the test. $1500 deposit.

Excuse my ignorance, as I did my bike test many many years ago, is this test done on the open road, or in a closed environment, when I did mine it was up near the Airport and it was in that closed course area, they stood at the top of the hill and watched you do the course, if you did everything right you passed....

I only ask is because when I did my test, my sticker was expired, and so was my insurance, but the testing center did not care about that, they were there to make sure I passed the test, the last thing the lady told me right after she told me I passed, was be careful on getting home since my plate was expired......I took all the back roads home, kept to the speed limit, and made it home no problem.....

I only ask is because when I did my test, my sticker was expired, and so was my insurance, but the testing center did not care about that, they were there to make sure I passed the test, the last thing the lady told me right after she told me I passed, was be careful on getting home since my plate was expired......I took all the back roads home, kept to the speed limit, and made it home no problem.....

When I did my test a few years ago with the ministry, there was another guy there who had expired the day before. Denied. Big time. It was sad, actually, because there was nothing that could help him. They sent him back to square one.

But here's my first question; can you get your M on a 125? Will it do highway?

When I did my test a few years ago with the ministry, there was another guy there who had expired the day before. Denied. Big time. It was sad, actually, because there was nothing that could help him. They sent him back to square one.

But here's my first question; can you get your M on a 125? Will it do highway?

Considering you can hold 135 km on the speedo (fuel injected model, carb model holds at about 110), then yes they can get up and go on the highway just fine. Rode my 125 two up on the 401 even, many times. Best use is for commuting and downtown traffic. People assume they suck horribly, they are great commuters. Of course a 250 would be better but for the dirt cheap price they are a bargain. Totally capable of riding on all roads, including highway (unless you're horribly overweight) and definitely worth having if you commute.

Mind you, SS bikes are much safer and more fun on the highway.

You should buy a CBR125R off Kijiji for a 1500 or less, practice, complete test then sell it for what you paid for it.

Not sure if you are being a dbag or real.

The coffee is for taking the time to meet up.

The deposite/rental fee is for allowing me to use the bike......

Some fo the sites listed no longer work like gtarentals.

I remember Learning Curves said they do the M test on 1 sunday and i think the bike is included however i think the the course is around $300.

I knew a few people who rented bikes for around $60 for the test and that is it, yes there is a deposite however the rental fee was smal..

thanks

You'll pay with a 2 dollar coffee? Let's be real, you're taking me to Starbucks and giving me $400 dollars for a 30 min practice and the test. $1500 deposit.

I have never heard of a school renting bikes for a road test. I may be wrong but I can't imagine anyone writing an insurance policy for that-the liability would be enormous.

Not sure if you are being a dbag or real.

The coffee is for taking the time to meet up.

The deposite/rental fee is for allowing me to use the bike......

Some fo the sites listed no longer work like gtarentals.

I remember Learning Curves said they do the M test on 1 sunday and i think the bike is included however i think the the course is around $300.

I knew a few people who rented bikes for around $60 for the test and that is it, yes there is a deposite however the rental fee was smal..

thanks

You need your own bike for learning curves

Back
Top Bottom