Retrofit @ Daytona Motorsports | GTAMotorcycle.com

Retrofit @ Daytona Motorsports

JCHC91

I'm planning on getting H.I.D.'s installed in my bike, but not before I get projector housings.

I've read that Daytona has retrofit kits available and I'm curious if anyone's used their kits and/or got them to install it?

Did you like them? Durability? Reliability?

Cheers

Honestly these have to be one of the most annoying modifications. the stock lights on any modern ( around 15 years old or so) bike are more than fine. I find hids are stupid bright and are never aimed right they blind oncoming traffic as well as the other drivers ahead of you it doesn't matter day or night. also the output line is usually not even and doesn't project far enough to actually be beneficial. Waste of money honestly.

HOOLLLAAAA

Honestly these have to be one of the most annoying modifications. the stock lights on any modern ( around 15 years old or so) bike are more than fine. I find hids are stupid bright and are never aimed right they blind oncoming traffic as well as the other drivers ahead of you it doesn't matter day or night. also the output line is usually not even and doesn't project far enough to actually be beneficial. Waste of money honestly.

HOOLLLAAAA

+1, unless it's built in as on the Z1000.

I had them in my last bike and I'm installing them on this bike. I aim them properly and have never had an issue and the light output is much better than stock. Can't just slap them in and go. That's when they blind people.

HOOLLLAAAA

This has to be the most refined and well thought out posts you've ever made.

@ the OP:

The quality of the parts seems good, it all depends on your experience and attention to detail when you do the retrofit yourself as to whether or not it'll be beneficial. If you do a hack job to have it ready in an hour, they will "suck". If you spend a few hours, maybe a day on it, they'll be excellent.

This has to be the most refined and well thought out posts you've ever made.

@ the OP:

The quality of the parts seems good, it all depends on your experience and attention to detail when you do the retrofit yourself as to whether or not it'll be beneficial. If you do a hack job to have it ready in an hour, they will "suck". If you spend a few hours, maybe a day on it, they'll be excellent.

Lmao I agree with you. Thought it was another member then saw the notorious HOLLLLAAA and knew who it was right away.

I'm like 85% sure that the kit that Daytona uses is the same kit but who knows.

I will be getting them to install as I was reading up on how to do this potential project on my bike, but it's not a hassle I'm going to go through.. Already did them with my car's headlights and boy. What a nightmare.

I had them in my last bike and I'm installing them on this bike. I aim them properly and have never had an issue and the light output is much better than stock. Can't just slap them in and go. That's when they blind people.

Hence why I said "projectors first". I've been in a car that hadn't been retrofitted and blindly scatters the beams. I hate those fuckers. Every time I see them I want to rip out their headlight and throw it in a fire.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

I had daytona motor sport do a projector conversion on my kawi 636 a couple of years ago. I sold the bike last season but I never had a problem with the retrofit. i brought them my headlight to save some cash and they did it for me in a couple of days.

last time I was there, they had an R1 in the showroom with the projectors on em they did, and I think a couple of other examples of headlights that were done up. I would suggest go there and talk to em in person.

I had daytona motor sport do a projector conversion on my kawi 636 a couple of years ago. I sold the bike last season but I never had a problem with the retrofit. i brought them my headlight to save some cash and they did it for me in a couple of days.

last time I was there, they had an R1 in the showroom with the projectors on em they did, and I think a couple of other examples of headlights that were done up. I would suggest go there and talk to em in person.

I already talked out pricing and what not. I will be going in in about 2 weeks to get it done. I was just curious if they anyone has had any experience with the retrofit and/or installation..

So far so good!

Just ride your bike man. Odds are you're gonna dump it at some point and that 300$+ retrofit is gonna be toast.

If not you're gonna end up selling the bike in the near future and once again you'd have spent that money for nothing.

+1.

I ran the morimotto projectors one of my cars, and sold one car after 2 years, and it was still ticking like clockwork. Short of Lexus LS's and Acura TL/MDX's, you'll have a bargain priced bi-xenon projector that compares with the luxo-European cars. Crazy colorful cutoff, sharp and crisp cutoff, 80% the width of the best projectors, bi-xenon (highs), and a relatively simple install process.

Last edited:
Just ride your bike man. Odds are you're gonna dump it at some point and that 300$+ retrofit is gonna be toast.

If not you're gonna end up selling the bike in the near future and once again you'd have spent that money for nothing.

I was sort of just thinking that and contemplating if it was worth it at all to blow 400+ on a retrofit.

That being said, would just doing hids be worth it?

+1.

I ran the morimotto projectors one of my cars, and sold one car after 2 years, and it was still ticking like clockwork. Short of Lexus LS's and Acura TL/MDX's, you'll have a bargain priced bi-xenon projector that compares with the luxo-European cars. Crazy colorful cutoff, sharp and crisp cutoff, 80% the width of the best projectors, bi-xenon (highs), and a relatively simple install process.

I've heard a lot about morimoto hid kits but never knew they did other things.

Guess I'll be looking into morimoto on my next bike lol

I've heard a lot about morimoto hid kits but never knew they did other things.

Guess I'll be looking into morimoto on my next bike lol

If you need help installing them feel free to PM me. I have a bunch of butyl glue left over lol

Back
Top Bottom