Decent Looking Tie downs | GTAMotorcycle.com

Decent Looking Tie downs

GDM

Site Supporter
Probably the wrong spot for this but if you transport your motorcycle by truck/trailer on a regular basis, these might come in handy. And, they are at my favorite toy store Lee Valley! The price didn't come through 39.50 for a pair until April 28th or 26.50 each.

Seriously? Moved to romper room.

Or you could spend 10 bucks less, get 4 of them, and they coil up into themselves so you aren't messing around with excess strap.

8301723.jpg

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/...eries-Retractable-Ratchet-Tie-Downs/8301723.p

Once you have them, you will never want to go back.

Problem with the first step of straps, is if you dont know how much pressure to apply when strapping a bike down with those .. youll end up blowing a fork seal or bending a bar.

this guy must be selling these... cuz they are ugly and overpriced.

Last edited:
Or you could spend 10 bucks less, get 4 of them, and they coil up into themselves so you aren't messing around with excess strap.

8301723.jpg

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/...eries-Retractable-Ratchet-Tie-Downs/8301723.p

Once you have them, you will never want to go back.

I bought those, worked good until the third time I used them. They locked and wouldn't let go, I had to cut them to get the bike off the trailer. I went back to regular ratchet straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought those, worked good until the third time I used them. They locked and wouldn't let go, I had to cut them to get the bike off the trailer. I went back to regular ratchet straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So not that reliable.

I just use regular cam style straps... I've NEVER had one fail, and I likely trailer/haul bikes more than most of the guys on this board. Seriously, I haul every single weekend both the FZ6 and the 250F an average of 6 hours EVERY weekend and I've never had one slip.
Tie the free end around the tensioned part of the strap just below the buckle. In the event it slips on the cam, it won't go anywhere.
You guys are likely putting too much force on the suspension using all these ratchet style straps, plus it takes longer and there is more of a chance for failure.
You only need enough tension so the suspension doesn't easily move on it's own body weight over bumps, balance the tension between the straps and you're good to go. Get the straps with the guards over the hooks to prevent them from coming off your mounting point if they do go slack if that's a concern to you. (I don't have them, and as stated, I've never had an issue)

You guys are likely putting too much force on the suspension using all these ratchet style straps,

+1. ive replaced many leaky fork seals (never on my own bike) due to excessive force on the strap. it doesnt need to be completely compressed. better yet, use to fork brace

mC4Mbt4z5YJsIvurnROnCcg.jpg

i made mine from some abs pipe and t-connectors that were cut in half. i use to use a 2x4 with a tire notch cut out

These look good. Will check them out at the store today.

I use these, they work fantastic, no flailing straps. Can be a little hard to release if there is a lot of tension

+1. ive replaced many leaky fork seals (never on my own bike) due to excessive force on the strap. it doesnt need to be completely compressed. better yet, use to fork brace

mC4Mbt4z5YJsIvurnROnCcg.jpg

i made mine from some abs pipe and t-connectors that were cut in half. i use to use a 2x4 with a tire notch cut out
Yup, I HAD one of those. Unfortunately either Asselstine's has mine or it's in the Direct Motocross Magazine trailer which I think got sold recently lol. Gotta get another.

Back
Top Bottom