Need to buy a bike & need your advise | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need to buy a bike & need your advise

hadye

Hi All, I am a new comer to Canada. Of course I am not fully aware with the rules or the expenses needed for buying a bike.

Now I own a Harley Softail & wish to have one in Canada. I can buy one now but need your advise, being a new comer I am not completely settled & need to plan my expenses on the long run mainly the insurance & the annual registration.

My question, what mainly the "selection" criteria that I need to focus on, what is the difference in registration and insurance between a 2 cylinder, 4 or 6 like the Japanese Honda F6B for example.

The buying tag is not important to me as much as the running cost that the bike would need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one can really answer the insurance part for you as it will vary depending on postal code, age, the bike itself; ect ect ect

In ontario

yearly plate cost is $43.

Iirc for the registration on any bike.

The initial cost would be 13% tax on purchase price, 23 for physical plates, plus sticker (43).

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:
First off, welcome to the Forum
Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Secondly, it would be hard to even give a ballpark figure on an insurance quote with all the factors that go into it but there are a lot of resources available on here for finding a company if you need any help.

StateFarm (price varies from agent to agent but small town agents tend to quote you lower premiums), TD Insurance/Primmum, RiderPlus are among the more popular ones but here's a more detailed list.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...riendly-Ontario-Insurance-People-2008-edition!

Welcome

Unless you buy a real lemon your running cost will pale in comparison to the insurance cost. As a new to Canada driver that will be your biggest variable.

Except for SS - insurance cost goes roughly by CC and of course depends on your coverage
I've been happy with these guys - they are in Brampton

Registered Insurance Broker
Wiesner Insurance
905-451-4205 Ext 23
800-408-2877 Toll Free

It will really depend on how they view an out of province driving record

I pay about $650 a year for a 650 cc commuter/light tourer without collision coverage and have a clean and long driving record.
It will go up from there.

You have an excellent mechanic near you in Milton.
Adrian

ACE MOTO TECH
416-471-0602

Bear in mind buying a used bike you will have to pay 13% HST

Thanks all for your reply, so it depend on engine size & driving history. My driving history is all outside Canada, I will translate "to whom it concern" document certifying that I have been driving at least for 4 years, that's what I have been told in the drive center & check of I can book directly for a Full M license after arranging a certified training course in one of the centers

Thanks all for your reply, so it depend on engine size & driving history. My driving history is all outside Canada, I will translate "to whom it concern" document certifying that I have been driving at least for 4 years, that's what I have been told in the drive center & check of I can book directly for a Full M license after arranging a certified training course in one of the centers

where ya from? our MTO recognizes licenses from some countries and set you up with a M2, whereas others you get no credit whatsoever...

Back
Top Bottom