Off-road Marmora Ride this Friday! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Off-road Marmora Ride this Friday!

lyphe

Hope ya'll had a good hibernation and made the best of it!

Steve (previously known as Stevie T) found an interesting gravel trail off Hwy 7 in Marmora. We are looking to start at 10AM from 404 and Stouffville Sideroad at Famous Sam's Diner. Then head east along some dirt roads toward Marmora.

I'll post this up on the Supermoto/ Dual sport rides Facebook group also.

image003.jpgimage006.jpg

Last edited:
I was hoping to join up but your Facebook group is closed. Any chance I can get in on this?

Thanks.

Famous Sam's is the n/e corner of woodbine and stouffville sdrd, just show up if you want to.
The rail trail runs from Belleville to beyond Bancroft, with a ton of single track running off it, or so I have read. The single track may have to wait for drier times though.

Btw most likely pavement to marmora ......

Last edited:
Just be aware that this rail trail is part of the EOTA, (Eastern Ontario Trail Alliance). it is a motorized trail but passes are required. If the OPP get you on there they can charge with trespassing, (But normally this time of the year they just run "educational blitzes" They are normally out on ATV on the trails especially during long weekends. Also you might want to check local bylaws about the rail trail. For example only a small portion of the rail trail north of Lindsay is open to "dirt bikes" the bylaw defines a dirt bike as one having a GREEN off road plate. Blue played bikes are "motorcycles" under the bylaw. the fine from Bylaw officers is $400 for riding a motorcycle. If caught by the OPP then they can also impound the bike on the spot. Which can make for a LONG walk home..

Not saying don't do your ride just be aware. Also beware that our ATV and sled clubs had postings last night, about a sled/atv trail that last weekend north Of Bobcaygeon and ATV ran into wire strung ACROSS the trail on purpose. This ripped the rad core right off the ATV as it wasn't seen until too late. With all the snow on the trails yet they wouldn't have been traveling too fast, (thankfully).

There are people who wnat motorized sports off ALL trails so be ware when riding. Also rail trails this time of year can have areas of shed which are sheer ice. In the Lindsay area some spots still have 6"+ of snow, albeit hard packed and icy. So take care.

Last edited:
Just be aware that this rail trail is part of the EOTA, (Eastern Ontario Trail Association). it is a motorized trail but passes are required. If the OPP get you on there they can charge with trespassing, (But normally this time of the year they just run "educational blitzes" They are normally out on ATV on the trails especially during long weekends.

Not saying don't do your ride just be aware. Also beware that our ATV and sled clubs had postings last night, about a sled/atv trail that last weekend north Of Bobcaygeon and ATV ran into wire strung ACROSS the trail on purpose. This ripped the rad core right off the ATV as it wasn't seen until too late. With all the snow on the trails yet they wouldn't have been traveling too fast, (thankfully).

There are people who wnat motorized sports off ALL trails so be ware when riding. Also rail trails this time of year can have areas of shed which are sheer ice. In the Lindsay area some spots still have 6"+ of snow, albeit hard packed and icy. So take care.

Good to know, thanks for the info. What does the eota trail pass cost and where is it available?

Just be aware that this rail trail is part of the EOTA, (Eastern Ontario Trail Association). it is a motorized trail but passes are required. If the OPP get you on there they can charge with trespassing, (But normally this time of the year they just run "educational blitzes" They are normally out on ATV on the trails especially during long weekends.

Thanks for the info. Ive got the OFTR pass, would hat include this trail?

Good to know, thanks for the info. What does the eota trail pass cost and where is it available?

The price is $150 for one year membership. You could check the EOTA website not sure if they sell the passes online or as I edited my last post if they will sell a pass to a blue plated bike, (see my post above for edited info. (I forgot to add it when posting first time).

Thanks for the info. Ive got the OFTR pass, would hat include this trail?

Not sure you would have to check the EOTA website and maybe call for clarification. I know on the KATVA rail trail, (the small portion that allows dirt bikes a OFTR permit is required and good to go).

Also beware that our ATV and sled clubs had postings last night, about a sled/atv trail that last weekend north Of Bobcaygeon and ATV ran into wire strung ACROSS the trail on purpose. This ripped the rad core right off the ATV as it wasn't seen until too late. With all the snow on the trails yet they wouldn't have been traveling too fast, (thankfully).

That's messed up.

I'd emailed the EOTA (Eastern Ontario Trails Alliance) website to ask about the trail use and here was the response "You can ride a licensed offroad motorcycle on the trails, and yes you need a pass. Kelly"
There is an option to just buy a one day pass for $20 on line and print it out.

I'd emailed the EOTA (Eastern Ontario Trails Alliance) website to ask about the trail use and here was the response "You can ride a licensed offroad motorcycle on the trails, and yes you need a pass. Kelly"
There is an option to just buy a one day pass for $20 on line and print it out.

Seems like the way to go, thanks for the info. I think the ride has been pushed to sunday now due to weather.

That was fun.....

13932710531_9103769dbf_c.jpg

.....although the cow was kinda sketchy......

Back
Top Bottom