SPROCKET CHANGE And GEARING!? | GTAMotorcycle.com

SPROCKET CHANGE And GEARING!?

Mighty Mike

Banned
So someone suggested in my other thread that go deleted (again) that changing the sprockets or gearing will help with the lack of power in the lower rpm range. What would be a good change up for a zx6r? I know i will lose some top speed which is fine and dandy since I will never go that fast any way but Im wondering if you changed your sprockets or gearing and how you liked it? Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated. I want to try this and see how the bike will feel like before i sell it and grab something different, let me know thanks!

HOOLLLAAAA

+2 on front, -6 on rear should do it. Please report back. See you in trash?

I went with -1/+2. More torque makes the bike a lot more fun, especially for street riding.

was it a zx600 or a zx6r?

the way i see it, 6's accelerate pretty good as is....change the sprockets, and you'llb e going through the gears so much - you noted you commute alot, so that could get old real fast.

Get some bar raisers and perhaps change your sear to make the ergos better for yourself. Might as well modify the bike to suit you and try to enjoy it for a couple of seasons rather than take a loss on the thing. A better choice for you might have been something like a Ninja 650 with more sport touring like ergos and a powerband with more low/mid range power.

Oh... And it might be time to consider becoming a site supporter MM. That way you can see your threads and continue to contribute to them.

was it a zx600 or a zx6r?

the way i see it, 6's accelerate pretty good as is....change the sprockets, and you'llb e going through the gears so much - you noted you commute alot, so that could get old real fast.

Is there even a ZX600? Only thing I found online was a ZX600. Regardless they are all SS bikes.

Just get yourself a bigger ergonomically, more comfortable bike.

He doesn't have a bike in the first place. or any money. or friends.

HOOOLLLLAAAA

Mods ^^^
This is why you're threads get out of hand and deleted..

Go +2/-6, get some new tires while you're at it Metzler M5's or Dunlop Q3's.

Mods what exactly? sorry you're apparently not in on the joke but all MM seems to do is post questions about a bike he doesn't own and continue to reject or make weirder claims until the thread gets moved.

stop feeding him.

sacrifices top speed for acceleration, not that you'll ever legally be able to use it on the road and not likely have a stretch of track to use it either.
You could get it Jetted and tuned but it sounds like you'd prefer a turbo kit instead.

was it a zx600 or a zx6r?the way i see it, 6's accelerate pretty good as is....change the sprockets, and you'llb e going through the gears so much - you noted you commute alot, so that could get old real fast.

You mean what years chassis code?

Personally, I wouldn't be happy with a 600ss either, not because it's not fast enough (it sure is fast enough) but because its just not what I'm looking for in a bike. I wouldn't be comfortable in a compact, aggressive riding position, and I'd want more low end torque. I can sympathize with MM's (possibly hypothetical) dilemma.

That is why my suggestion is to get a different bike with different characteristics. Changing sprockets is just a stop-gap, band-aid solution, IMO.

Last edited:
You mean what years chassis code?

No clue. I thought i saw him post that he had a 'zx600'....

reading through the threads, it was like i was reading posts by Frank Drebbin....

if you want loads of low end power do +2 front -6 rear, you might even have trouble keeping the front end down.

So you want to do 400km/h?

MM go -1 front, any more than that and it's hard on the chain and the output shaft/bearings. +3/4 in the rear should be plenty and help get the rpm up higher and quicker.

Mods what exactly? sorry you're apparently not in on the joke but all MM seems to do is post questions about a bike he doesn't own and continue to reject or make weirder claims until the thread gets moved.

stop feeding him.

Theres no "joke" to be in, he asked a question. Wether you believe he has the bike or not is irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom