Should I sell the WR?

• Hell yes! Give into lust

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Hell no! The WR is the perfect city bike

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Congrats! Awesome ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all! I am super excited about it.

Its a great buying story too.

The bike came from Thunder Bay. It was the only one that I could find for a long time but it was too far and I couldnt figure out how to get it here practically. There had to be Dukes in Toronto!

Then the owner said that he was going to visit a friend near Windsor and that he was planning on bringing the bike and a kayak. He literally drove it on the back of his pick up from Thunder Bay to my house on his way to Windsor! I spoke with the shop that he bought the bike from new and that did all the servicing and it all checked out A++, and the seller was amazing when we met (even after driving for 20hrs!), so I knew it was a good bike.

The seller took his time to show me every nook and cranny of the bike even though he still had a big drive to Windsor ahead of him and it was Friday afternoon and traffic out of the city would suck.

Great guy!

It is mine!!!

So much fun. Turns easier than my WR did but bucks like crazy under 3500rpm.

Nice find! Glad you were able to find one of the older ones; they look so much better than the current model.

Badass bike but I'd rather step up to a blue plated WR450SM :D

Having ridden both (and owned a blue plated WR450SM) I'd rather DDean's Duke, hands down!

I.e Snatchy throttle? TuneECU may be able to help you smooth it out.

TuneECU will become invaluable to you; it's a great piece of freeware that allows you to tune almost every aspect of your bike with your laptop.

Thanks and I know that you will have a blast on that WR. I was sad seeing it go it being my first bike and all but also because its really the perfect bike for city commuting. Its better than the Duke for that.

I think that the "bucking" is from an imbalance due to the big 650cc single. May be fueling though. Its on the "normal" map now - #3. I just need to get it out of that low RPM range quicker and it will be fine.

The first bike I considered was a WR450 SMd and blue plated - decided not to get that because its just like the WR250x, but with a bigger engine - and the engine in the WR worked fine for my purpose. It would likely be less reliable the WR250 too. Its more of a hooligan bike but Im no hooligan (yet!).

And Coyo - I was focused on the 08-11s. They're more my style but it was definitely a hurdle to get over the small price difference between a used 4 year old bike and a barely used 1 year old bike, or even a brand new one year old bike. The previous generation seems to command a premium price vs what I would have thought. In the end I had to make the decision to get the bike or not, so I did.

Last edited:
That gen of 650/690 was known for sloppy fueling, especially down low, and it gets way worse with a slipon.
It can be tuned out.
I like the appearance of that gen way more than the new ones. They are much more aggressive than the new ones.
Congrats.

I cant for the life of me understand why they would make this bike so quiet!

I think that I could ride it beside a Tesla and hear the tires from the car on the road. This is probably as quiet as an electric bike!

No one knows when Im coming or going from the house anymore. Im silent like a Ninja and that is not a good thing for any vehicle as far as Im concerned. My wife is saying that she likes my new "lady bike" and she is asking if I ride it with both legs on one side! Im even surprising my dog!

Im on the hunt for a slip on!

Sounded like your wife's comments got to you real quick ... LOL

Enjoy the bike, whether quiet or noisy. Look at DRZ or your WR ... in stock form they are all quiet due to various regulations around the world.

I know - she was not even finished the sentence before I was thinking to my self "door is open for exhaust mods!". Thatll learn her.

Back
Top Bottom