What's up GTAM? Its been a while | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's up GTAM? Its been a while

kcalB

Hey any one and every one! Its been a long time since I’ve been on GTAM. I've been gone over seas for a few years, and dam am I glad that’s over. Why I decided to keep going back I'll never know (and no I don't really feel like sharing "war" stories, so please don't ask).

Introductions aside, the military does NOT pay that well, even when other people are aiming rifles at your head and taking the shots. I had A RZ350 as my first bike, but do to complications, its no longer around ( I wonder if RZ Steve is still on here, if you are, I hope you a dam mechanic now, and your welcome for the in, and the job :) But seriously, no hard feelings about anything. I just hope your boss decided to sign off on your hours.) So Rz is gone, then I acquired my buddies CBR 250, and after having a 350 two stroke, that thing may as well be a bicycle (no offence any 250 fans). SOLD. Then i went to "see the world" again (its not a nice place) and now I’m back (well I’ve been back for a while now but had to get started on a new career) and I'm looking to pick up my 3rd bike. What I really want is the YZF 6, and dam these things sell so fast, at least the good ones, i may have to settle for the ZF 6. That being said, I'm looking for insight on used bike purchases, mostly the amount of K.M's on the bike. What’s good? What’s bad? I see 08, 09, and 10 R6's that are a great price (or appear to be great price) but have 30k+ on them. My RZ was always in the shop, my 250, was ok, but it was a 250 (I'll concede, i sold it because of the birth of my son, but regret not having a bike :( ) so I would like to avoid the constant shop bills, and the time not on the road. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Also, I saw a thread for VOS. Are they any good? They are a certified Yamaha dealership, but seem so dam pricey. The thread in question was in the middle (maybe a little more to the "don't go there" side, back in 2012), so if any one has a positive experience with them, please let me know.

Thanks All, and enjoy the nice weather! Hopefully there is plenty more where that came from.

Oh man, what happned????? 2 posts???? I had WAY more than that three years ago. Post coutner get reset or something?

Oh man, what happned????? 2 posts???? I had WAY more than that three years ago. Post coutner get reset or something?

Welcome back, MIghty Mike is our class troll

As for vos nothing has changed, you're better off flushing your money down a toilet it would seem then spend it there.

Welcome back

I see whats going on here. There is an archive section, coooool.
Thanks guys! although i never really made a big splash when I was here, maybe now though :S

Also appears that I may have to settle for a ZF6, i didn't know r6's were in such a high demand, and i don't want a 30 k clunker. I'm very weary about buying 10 year old bikes :S Maybe ots just me.

Welcome back to GTAM and to Canada. Thanks for your service!
Sadly, don't expect anything special from our Gov't :(

Sweetheart of a deal on an FZ6 (and no, it's not mine).

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruis...fz6/580866506?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

If you are into VFR 800's, I'll have a couple listed in a couple weeks for the same money (only selling one, so whichever one goes ...)

Welcome back - hopefully at least our gov't offers a retirement package!

I called about that fz6, firm at $3500 to pay out the loan, says it needs tires for safety. Still not a bad deal at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The FZ6 is a great bike, you will NOT be dissapointed!

also 30k is nothing. As long as the regular maintenance, you'd have nothing to worry about. My 2005 r6 is about to break 70k, and its still running strong. Nothing wrong with bikes with a little mileage

also 30k is nothing. As long as the regular maintenance, you'd have nothing to worry about. My 2005 r6 is about to break 70k, and its still running strong. Nothing wrong with bikes with a little mileage

Not to threadjack but I see a lot of 1st and 2nd gen R6 on Kijiji for around 4g with 45-60K km on them, is that fair market value? Seems inflated as hell to me.

It's very inflated for 1st gens, and a couple hundred more than I would expect a good gen2 to be priced at. When I was looking at r6 prices in 2011, average price for a 1st gen was mostly between 3k and 4k. in 3 years you would expect prices to drop down a bit, but the average price seems to have gone up. Especially considering 1st gens are carburated, and are notorious for 2nd gear issues.

I think it has more to do with the price of new bikes and also the economy. I have noticed here that even older bikes are selling for more than they did two years ago. I thought I got top Dollar for my Two 1985 Honda Nighthawk-S bikes two years ago at $2,500 each, now it is hard to find one (Even close to the condition mine were in for $3,000. Same goes for many other bikes from the 80's and early 90's

Back
Top Bottom