garage storage ideas | GTAMotorcycle.com

garage storage ideas

ajaxguy

So I cleared the garage out this weekend...painted the floor and now need somewhere to put all my stuff. I have ceiling storage but thats filled with the seasonal items and does a good job. I need a new bench and some storage for bikes....lots of bikes and sports items. Any ideas that wont cost an arm an leg?

For how long? Those moveable storage containers are like $30/month, at least the one I used here in London. Storage building prices are overpriced.

Don't waste valuable garage space by parking cars in it! :)

A nice look I found for cheap was to build what I wanted out of MDF for cabinets. I don't need a huge workbench so I have a rolling one out of thick steel square I got off a scrap guy for nothing. I glued diamond plate on it cut from metal supermarkets, which was the most expensive part but still cost way less than anything I could buy. Most of my "crap" is stored in an attic I build too, lucked out with a 15ft garage height. I only needed 8.5 in the main so the upper level now has 5.5ft to walk around hunched over a bit but its pretty convenient to just walk up a set of stairs to get anything stored there.

Last edited:
A nice look I found for cheap was to build what I wanted out of MDF for cabinets. I don't need a huge workbench so I have a rolling one out of thick steel square I got off a scrap guy for nothing. I glued diamond plate on it cut from metal supermarkets, which was the most expensive part but still cost way less than anything I could buy. Most of my "crap" is stored in an attic I build too, lucked out with a 15ft garage height. I only needed 8.5 in the main so the upper level now has 5.5ft to walk around hunched over a bit but its pretty convenient to just walk up a set of stairs to get anything stored there.
Oh man, This looks fantastic. Nice job

This is awesome!! What is the floor?

it is RaceDeck floor, its plastic floor with a grid under it that lets water run out to front of garage if you wash a car in there or something. I lucked out and found a guy selling it on kijiji for 50 cents a tile and enough for my space. Its great floor unless you plan to do any welding , outside of that it holds up real good. The top photo is the floor after 5 years use so it does hold up pretty well to vehicles, grease, grime. And you can change the design easily if you choose or replace a tile if it gets damaged.

Last edited:
That is an impressive garage, hardk0re.... however, do you drink your beer from those paper cups?? In fact, who the hell has a paper cup dispenser??? I am decades from a garage with features like this. :)

those are paper oil funnels, seems dumb but pretty damn convenient. Beer is beside the toolbox marked liquid motivation, these funnels are too small to assist with that task tho.

that's a pretty nice workspace for whomever is rocking the nieghbourhood with the pink jeep. How many paper funnels does an oil change in that baby take?

those are paper oil funnels, seems dumb but pretty damn convenient. Beer is beside the toolbox marked liquid motivation, these funnels are too small to assist with that task tho.

hahaha, nice! I have never seen those before

storage for bikes....lots of bikes and sports items. Any ideas that wont cost an arm an leg?

Rubbermaid Fasttrack might fit the bill

I used it in my shed to get gobs of stuff off the floor and on to the wall

wasn't very expensive and was a breeze to install

Costco has some pretty nice options/kits for cabinets

350-380327-894__1.jpg

http://www.costco.ca/NewAge-Bold-Series-12-pc-Cabinetry-Set-in-Grey.product.100095310.html

12 pc set for $2k

I have a roughly 8' long by about 4' deep pallet rack ^^^^ in my garage, with 2 decks on it. The first deck is about 4' off the floor and the second is up higher, ladder-access. Basically I can store all my crap in there for winter, lawn mower, bbq, patio table and chairs, umbrellas, tools, etc etc. It's nice if you have a larger garage, but even if you have something small, you can raise the lower shelf to a comfortable height to put a bike underneath. Very heavy duty method for shelving and storage.

Back
Top Bottom