How to tell if clutch is not disengaging | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to tell if clutch is not disengaging

Ok this was what i was looking for! What does clutch slippage feel like?

Engine speed should increase at a constant rate in relation to your road speed. If your engine revs a bit higher and your road speed has to catch up to the engine when you aren't touching your clutch, then your clutch is slipping.

Engine speed should increase at a constant rate in relation to your road speed. If your engine revs a bit higher and your road speed has to catch up to the engine when you aren't touching your clutch, then your clutch is slipping.

To add, your engine will make more sound but your speed won't increase.

油井緋色;2152754 said:
To add, your engine will make more sound but your speed won't increase.

It's a Harley?

It's a Harley?
Ahh then if the bike accelerates over 40km/hr immediately drive into your nearest HD dealership and have the fallen screws replaced with new ones.

Ok this was what i was looking for! What does clutch slippage feel like?

IF you try and accelerate with a clutch which is slipping, engine RPM will increase - but Bike speed will not.

You are thinking too much into this. Leave some slack in the line and forget about it. If your clutch is fine and not worth to a high degree or glazed over - everything will work fine.

IF you try and accelerate with a clutch which is slipping, engine RPM will increase - but Bike speed will not.

You are thinking too much into this. Leave some slack in the line and forget about it. If your clutch is fine and not worth to a high degree or glazed over - everything will work fine.

I know just liked to learn the stuff. But got it now

Well i was trying to post a picture of some one looking entertained, and eating popcorn but failed.

Well i was trying to post a picture of some one looking entertained, and eating popcorn but failed.
Even worse than failing at posting a pic is telling people you failed at posting a pic and what the pic was about :)

I feel the urge to speak like a caveman now.

I've been laughing reading his thread, if the OP was confused, he's about to say "f**k it! I'm not touching my bike again!"

Last edited:
WARNING! too much slack in the cable will result in partial engagement of the clutch....meaning you will pull the clutch in but won't be able to shift up or down

That's a dangerous situation..

...check owner's manual...mine says between 2-3 mm os slack is permissible...

Here we go again with the language. Too much slack could cause partial DISENGAGEMENT. Don't confuse these guys all over again. Cable slack, clutch engaged. Period. If you pull in the lever and the bike wants to continue the journey, that's partial disengagement, which can happen if the cable has too much slack. Check your owner's manual.

OK, so when Captain Kirk says "engage" to Sulu or whatever his name was, what happens? the ship starts moving right? Same with a motorcycle, minus Kirk and the engineer.

partial disengagement = partial engagement

Glass is half empty = glass is half full

...old shintoism philosophy!

captain-kirk-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
How can the most basic adjustment be made so complicated?

Ask gtam.
I have a theory, this generation is so over informed by the internet, their brains have an overload of useless information making them lose their ability of filtering the good and bad information. Also the excess of information is making them over-think everything.

It's like when you go buy a coffee, at timmies you chose the size and how much sugar and cream that is it (1980), now walk into a starbucks and you have to pick Makiato with a shot of expresso on a "tall" cup with half cream and half 2% in Soya milk vanilla latte (2014)People have to go on forums to ask what coffee they should order!

Yea the coffee is so much better but wholly ****, I want to kill the yuppie ordering in front of me

Last edited:
I have a theory, this generation is so over informed by the internet, their brains have an overload of useless information making them lose their ability of filtering the good and bad information. Also the excess of information is making them over-think everything.

It's like when you go buy a coffee, at timmies you chose the size and how much sugar and cream that is it (1980), now walk into a starbucks and you have to pick Makiato with a shot of expresso on a "tall" cup with half cream and half 2% in Soya milk vanilla latte (2014)People have to go on forums to ask what coffee they should order!

Yea the coffee is so much better but wholly ****, I want to kill the yuppie ordering in front of me

F that place! I refuse to buy anything from there. If I can't say "I'll have a medium black coffee" without some hipster trying to correct me I don't need to spend my money there.

I agree with your theory though. I use the internet to inform myself but I also have the ability to filter the garbage, usually. You still need real world experience to be able to see through the **** some people spew though.

You should be able to loosely fit a nickel between the lever and perch (slightly more is ok), if the bike sounds like it's accelerating but doesn't your clutch is slipping. Pretty sure this crap is in your manual, if you don't have one buy one and a service manual.

Back
Top Bottom