Frame Slider Pucks - Can't buy separately!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Frame Slider Pucks - Can't buy separately!!!

bboySushi

So my bike has the no-cut frame sliders from Hot Bodies. My left one is damaged now and I was looking to buy replacements. Turns out, Hot Bodies does not sell the pucks separately!! Even though the puck is completely and easily removable!! It's a hollow 4" puck with a short bolt that goes through to the frame slider. If I want to replace it I have to buy the whole kit = $165.

wtf! This is the most absurd thing I've ever heard of. Why make it it modular if you don't offer to sell the pieces separately?

Anyways what kind of advice can you give on getting around this? I tried to look around for something on ebay but there's no marketed specific slider..I'm thinking maybe and hopefully the hole diameter is standardized and if I find something I could just put the bolt through. Anyone run into the same problem?

Surely the central hole is for a standard fastener size. Just measure it up and adapt something else to fit.

A quick ebay search suggests that you can get something pretty cheaply for that bike. Even if it's not an exact fit, it's likely close enough that you could make it work, and failing that, they're so cheap that it's hardly worth arguing about.

I've come across this for other bikes before, sometimes someone on a forum can machine Delrin and make an approximate replacement. Depends on your bike obviously but I wouldn't be surprised if the Delrin "mushrooms" are a standard size across a few bikes it's just the bolt hardware and spacers that vary.

I've come across this for other bikes before, sometimes someone on a forum can machine Delrin and make an approximate replacement. Depends on your bike obviously but I wouldn't be surprised if the Delrin "mushrooms" are a standard size across a few bikes it's just the bolt hardware and spacers that vary.

+ 1 my god!

If only I could convince you guys that I can sell them for like $10 each...I couldda done em up in my shop...lol

Thanks, I was only searching frame slider pucks earlier and didn't find much. Searched Delrin and a lot more came up.

switch to woodcraft. they sell replacement pucks for $15-24 per set.

dont buy shogun, they fade in the sun...mine look almost blue now.

switch to woodcraft. they sell replacement pucks for $15-24 per set.

dont buy shogun, they fade in the sun...mine look almost blue now.
really? how long did that take? had the black ones on my 250 ninja and just put the white ones on my gsxr 600

really? how long did that take? had the black ones on my 250 ninja and just put the white ones on my gsxr 600
ide say 1.5 seasons, but last year when i was at work it would sit in the sun for 12 hrs straight, but i really didnt ride to work all that often...maybe once a week., the rest of the time my bike was either being ridden or in a private garage....either way, ide buy a better brand like woodcraft.
i was going to buy new ones but im going to probably just paint them with a rattle can when i get around to it.

Buy woodcraft. They have been around for a while and have good support for older stuff as well.

Back
Top Bottom