I need a good mechanic | GTAMotorcycle.com

I need a good mechanic

howitt

I have a drz400 that will not start. I charged the battery, checked for spark, changed the gas, put a cap full of oil in the spark plug hole, cleaned the carb but I still cant get the bike to start. I am located in Pickering and I need an honest and knowledgeable motorcycle mechanic. Can anyone recommend someone?

I have a drz400 that will not start. I charged the battery, checked for spark, changed the gas, put a cap full of oil in the spark plug hole, cleaned the carb but I still cant get the bike to start. I am located in Pickering and I need an honest and knowledgeable motorcycle mechanic. Can anyone recommend someone?

The guys at Clarington Cycle seem pretty good. I'd go with them. Maybe somebody knows somewhere closer though.

I would have fiaz (frekeyguy) take a look, but hes in brampton

pretty sure he can do pickup and drop off as well but dunno if he'll go to pickering

Check your valve clearances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is also Dave Noble at Competition Cycle on Wentworth in Whitby.

It sounds like you have a electrical problem check your ignition switch ground wires ect.

Clarington cycle is the place to go. They do excellent work at a fair price and in a timely manner. I trust them so much that I come from Peterborough to have them do all my service and repairs.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Y'know, I'd bet we could help you. Fuel, fire, and compression. You said you checked spark, did you check compression (check your valves as another said, this could be affected)? If compression is good, you've either got a timing issue or a fuel issue. Does it *almost* catch? Electric start model?

I would recommend the same plus he likes a challenge!

I would have fiaz (frekeyguy) take a look, but hes in brampton

pretty sure he can do pickup and drop off as well but dunno if he'll go to pickering

I had my 07 drz warming up on choke, shut it off to put on my helmet and it wouldn't start again. Checked carbs, plugs, everything I could think of. Pulled the valve cover, the exhaust valves were tight, shimmed them to within spec. Fired first try, ran like a prince. Check your valves.

UM. WTF?
You did all that and put a cap full of oil in the spark plug hole????
Why???
Don't you think that oil will foul the spark plut???

You drained the carb????
Why?????

Do you currently have fuel in the carbs???

What kind of petcock do you have???

Do you think the bike may need fuel to run????

And of course you put the spark plug wire back in place???? Right????

Petcock is in the ON position (pointing down)?

What's happening when you try to start the bike? Maybe take a video when you are trying to start it.

Back
Top Bottom