So I Had The Motorcycle Road Trip Of My Dreams !! (Outside Of North America) | GTAMotorcycle.com

So I Had The Motorcycle Road Trip Of My Dreams !! (Outside Of North America)

Pegassus

Site Supporter
I'm baaack!! I'm lucky enough to have a neighbor and buddy who took me to his home country, a tropical paradise and we had a blast, rode half the country in two motorcycles with many adventures! Here are some pics:

qtz2.jpg

Coming to a dead donkey/horse killed by a truck in the Pan-American highway near "El Cuco" beach in the province of San Miguel, El Salvador (Central America). This road has about a 10-kilometer long downhill drop full of twisties, there are crosses everywhere of people who have lost their lives, also there are lots of buses and vehicles all destroyed at the bottom who had the misfortune to go off course and down a 600-ft cliff.

July 13, 2018 I know this thread if now 4 years old but I would like to update it with pics from this adventure I didn't upload last time which will be in page 2 or 3 of this thread

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for sharing. I'll be reading along, living vicariously.

....but where did you get replacement axle sticks from? How did you grease them? What about the aesthetics of El Salvadoran speedo clusters?

own up..were you really deported?

cool, I work with a bunch of guys from El Salvador. One guy goes back there every winter for 6 weeks. His dream is to open a bike rental business for tourists there. He has 2 bikes right now and has offered to take me.

cool, I work with a bunch of guys from El Salvador. One guy goes back there every winter for 6 weeks. His dream is to open a bike rental business for tourists there. He has 2 bikes right now and has offered to take me.

Take up on the offer you will have the time of your life!! I did! To bubblehead who commented above you, Im a pure bred canadian white boy, stop your silliness. I will be uploading more pics of my exotic trip this afternoon so keep checking!!

....but where did you get replacement axle sticks from? How did you grease them? What about the aesthetics of El Salvadoran speedo clusters?

own up..were you really deported?

Way to pollute a thread with high school BS...

Post up more pics, always enjoy seeing other parts of the motorcycling world.

You've been outdone by Mighty Mike

DJM- It seems that he likes to **** on peoples threads without actually contributing to anything.

PEGASUS - Nice to see someone doing something different around here i look forward to more pictures. thanks

cm3z.jpg

The motorcycle I rode in front of the mountains near El Tamarindo beach. People sell watermelons all along this road. The road is the most desolate of all the areas I rode, the terrain turns like semi-arid too and way hotter than the rest of the country.

dbh9.jpg

A local man wanted to try out our bikes when we were making a pit stop in Usulutan province, he was ecstatic.

Last edited:
A schoolgirl watches us with curiosity during a flat tire in El Salto village, a place with a reputation that if you stare someone the wrong way you might get hacked to death with a machete, we encountered many sombre-looking men when we passed through this place, my salvadoran friend advised me that if I killed a hen or a pig just to continue forward and don't stop!!

El Salto? a bit east of the 4? outside of aguilares?

Stopped on the road just before reaching the Gulf Of Fonseca which can be seen in the background, from this point you can see 3 countries at the same time, Nicaragua, Honduras and El Salvador. This was the 6th day on the road, it was near dusk and we were in an unknown land trying to find somewhere safe to spend the night in. We spent the night in the city of La Union in a motel, first time spending the night in a motel because its safer to spend the night in a private house, people here are warm and polite and are amused by foreigners.

This is the bike I rode in the trip criss-crossing the Central American nation of El Salvador, its a dual-sport, half the kilometers were travelled in dusty & rough roads.

RhyJwV.jpg

-
-
-
As we rode in the deserted & lonely "El Icacal" beach (Pacific Ocean) we saw 3 figures whom waved at us from inside the water, we kept looking back over our shoulders and saw 3 girl running out of the water and motioning with their hands to "come back". My salvadoran friend figured it might be friends of his and we turned back, they weren't. They were just 3 curious girls who saw 2 shiny new motorcycles in a beach which seldom sees people. One of the girls was "Veronica" who was 16 years old and she wanted a picture taken while sitting on my bike. She was from the nearby town of "Intipuca" and was there with her friends and 2 adults. She took out a smartphone from a bag that was in the sand and asked me if I could take a picture of her on my bike, I said "sure" but I will take a picture of you with my own phone to add to my foreign trip album.

(I don't speak spanish but my friend, who lives in Toronto, is a native and translated for me)

-
-
-
YZkzeG.jpg

Last edited:
Cool trip. Thanks for sharing. You posting this on ADV Rider as well? Think you'll find a much bigger audience for it there.

You mentioned you stayed in local homes instead of hotels. Why was that a safer option and how did you find out about who had rooms available? Guessing it wasn't airbnb. ..

bike trip through Central American ..added to my bucket list..and riding through South East Asia.. More pics pls :eek: Glad you survived El Salvador and Honduras not an easy feat

Most of your pics show up as ads for iTunes gift cards for me but from the ones I can see it looks like a decent trip.

I bet you'd like a trip around the Yukon.

Back
Top Bottom