Set up for tall rider? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Set up for tall rider?

Hi GTA, I'm riding a new-to-me '92 VFR750. It feels a little small for extended rides; 1hr+. Is there hardware to lower the controls?

The rear brake is in a position where I am lifting my foot off the peg to apply stopping pressure, I don't have the fine control feeling of having the balance of the peg to control me pressure. Same problem on shifter side.

This is a radical change from my '78 CB though...

Theres an adjuster nut under the rear master cylinder that can be adjusted to change the rear brake lever height. Depending on the diameter of the forks you should be able to find a taller or lower set of bars to suit your riding style.

Id bet they are 41mm forks.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Hi GTA, I'm riding a new-to-me '92 VFR750. It feels a little small for extended rides; 1hr+. Is there hardware to lower the controls?

The rear brake is in a position where I am lifting my foot off the peg to apply stopping pressure, I don't have the fine control feeling of having the balance of the peg to control me pressure. Same problem on shifter side.

This is a radical change from my '78 CB though...

Easiest way to make the bike more comfy is to adjust the rear brake lower, and same with the shifter. Would also help if you got an LSL handlebar kit, there is cheaper options but it is by far the quickest.

http://www.spieglerusa.com/handlebar-conversion-kit-4270.htm

Back
Top Bottom