Riding in the rain in the city. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding in the rain in the city.

puttockc

I am looking for tips and tricks for riding at low speeds in the city in heavy**** rain. Stopping fogging and keeping the Visor***** clean

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

Last edited:
leave your face shield open a crack, buy anti fog spray at CTC, watch out for railway tracks and streetcar rails, its like somebody greases them. If you have a bike with a windshield wiping it down with rain X before you leave home helps the water bead up.

wtf with a post at 4:00am in the morning?? How are we supposed to respond? :p

...For fogging leave the helmet cracked open..this method works if you are in light rain...in heavier rains, you're gonna get wet if you leave it open for sure....

..And helmet liners take FOREVER to dry up!

The double shield works in the rain to prevent fogging up, at least for mine:p

Visibility and street car tracks are your main concerns. Be careful crossing tracks and try not to stop or brake on them. There are several sprays that can be used to act as an anti-fog or just leave the visor slightly open.

Take it easy with steering adjustments on the white paint strips at intersections and use both front and rear braking and modulate. I find it's easier to deal with the rear skid over the front end washing out.

Also, try to reduce your speed while straight and stable and begin any steering adjustments without having to do any braking.

Try to cross over rail tracks and other road obstructions at close as possible to 90 degrees.

Not all helmets vent the same way and it depends on the rider too.

Good luck.

Check the weather in the morning, if it's going to rain then drive your car. Problem solved.

if you can, get a pinlock visor + insert for your helmet. It's a bit more expensive that other options, but i have them on both my helmets and i could not be happier with them.

Anyone used rainX on their visor?

The double shield works in the rain to prevent fogging up, at least for mine:p

I have the double shield as well but it clearly states on its sides " NOT TO BE USED FOR STREET RIDING!"

I think it's meant for snowmobiling

What is a double shield exactly? Link?

Today I rode to Milton and the sound from the wind was way too much, driving home at night the 401 was so serene with earplugs

I have the double shield as well but it clearly states on its sides " NOT TO BE USED FOR STREET RIDING!"

I think it's meant for snowmobiling

Same/similar messages would be found of tinted visors and aftermarket exhausts.... Not like anyone really cares about those messages...

Weird, I've ridden in hard rain but I've never complained that my helmet liners were soaked. Gloves and butt yeah.

Helmet on side plus a fan blowing in - dry in 12 hrs whenever I wash the helmet.

Weird, I've ridden in hard rain but I've never complained that my helmet liners were soaked. Gloves and butt yeah.

Same... I'd get a couple drips of water that get in from my vent running down my face but my helmet liners never got soaked... Even after 2 hrs riding in the rain...

At that time I didn't have rain gear and everything else was drenched...

remember the first 15-20 min of rain are the most slippery . Use a good anti fog or pinlock works great ( came with my nolan )
I took a spare windshied wiper blade i had from my old jeep and cut it up . i cut a strip around 3 inches long and glued it to thumb of my left glove . a quick swipe cleans off my visor ..

Back
Top Bottom