New dual sport bike buying help? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New dual sport bike buying help?

Why no DRZ400S? They are easier to find used than a WR250R. Not going to say its as good on the road but maintenance is still great and they are around 4-5k on Kijiji

Im loving the Honda CRF250L. Fuel injected, low price, good gas milage, low stand-over (I have a 30inch inseam, good hight for me) Can get it rolling on the highway with no issue ( stock ) Handles very well on the road. Bit soft of a suspension for off-road but fine if you are just tooling about.
my 2cents

cheers

Also how good is 250 going 70 down a highway

I cruise at 70MPH all the time on my WR. Bone stock, she's quiet and not buzzy and engine is hardly working
When you hit 80MPH, it starts labouring. I've seen an indicated 150kph (93MPH) on a windless day on flat ground while bone stock.

It's definitely not a highway cruiser but from what I'm reading, it's the most competent 250 DS on the freeway... mostly due to the super tall overdriven 6th gear

My WR250X has no problem on the highways at 110 kph either. My helmet has a visor and therefore shoulder checking can suck, so I dont enjoy the highway that much, but the bike doesnt care.

Klr has a cult like following. Tons of after market support. Was basically unchanged for like 15 years and new ones pretty similar.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Op says wants for mostly street and a little dirt on the weekend. If he's not single tracking Klr will be fine.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Now is there any difference between the 2013 klr and the 2014 because the dealer has both brand new and the 2013 is 200 dollars cheaper

They made a recent very minor change but if the difference is only $200 I'd get the 2014 simply as a resale value protector. Some people are also terrified of arbitrary numbers as being luckier or not than others so I think the difference is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom