New dual sport bike buying help? | GTAMotorcycle.com

New dual sport bike buying help?

Travis25

Hey guys looking to get a dual sport bike soon as its spring now, looking at kawasaki klx250s vs honda crf250l and yamaha wr250r but after alot of research im still unsure?

Thats kinda what ive been thinking but people say its more for offroad but i dont like that its 2000 more than the honda. I ruled out the kawasaki but how is the yamaha better?

You can read all the reviews and comparisons to get a feel for what one does better over the other. If you're still not sure, then I'd recommend getting out there and trying them out.

If dealer support is important, then I'd consider what near you and what brands they offer and take things from from there.

I rode Kawi and Yamaha dirt bikes in the past. Kawi always seem to have more character and took some getting used to find the sweet spot for power band and shift points. I never had to be conscience of this with Yamaha products. They rode well but, I always seemed drawn to the Kawi.......

Honda never resonated with me for what ever reason.

Also i got my temps for a motorcycle 2 years ago and never renewed them can i just go renew them or do i have to retake the stupid test?

WR has more power and better suspension than the others
Kawi lands in the middle on power and suspension but is carbed
Honda has the least power and worst suspension

What do you want the bike to do? Start from there if it is off road mainly get the wr or KTM is a much better option 350 exc is the best dual sport out there for tight trails etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

What about a suzuki dr650

Heavy with very basic suspension. Will not give a dirtbike like ride in the dirt. But for dualsporting (whatever that means) they've developed quite the following with tons of aftermarket support. That it's basically unchanged since 1996 can be seen as a good thing. I gravel roaded mine all day today, was OK.

The KTM enduro 690r is a good dual sport but again it comes down to what you want it to do.

Depends how good you want, and good for what? A ktm 690 is an awesome hooligan on the street, very fast in double track, and expensive. Honda xr650l most dirt worthy stock, kawasaki klr650 most street worthy stock, suzuki dr650 best blend of both. None will be your best friend in tight single track trails. Any will do for light commuting/weekend exploring. A drz400 is better for exploring, not so great for commuting depending on age, distance and speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want new and have a 7g budget the wr250 is your freind

Im 20 and fit so ill be comfortable with anything and ill prolly road drive 90% of the time to and from work and joy rides.

Back
Top Bottom