Moving to Toronto | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moving to Toronto

Have you considered not moving to Toronto?

It's full of idiots that are politicians, the women have unrealistic standards and expectations, crazy gridlock and traffic, costs that make no sense what so ever, un-realistic real estate prices and rents ... the list goes on.

Which paradise do you live in?

They're not unrealistic if people are paying them.

Just because people are paying doesn't mean its not unrealistic

Everyone thinks that buying a 600K house with 5% down is a good idea but very few people actually think of the potential consequences if things go downhill

Just because people are paying doesn't mean its not unrealistic

Everyone thinks that buying a 600K house with 5% down is a good idea but very few people actually think of the potential consequences if things go downhill

Fully agree. The prices in Toronto are fully unrealistic and if/when something happens a lot of people will be up a creek with no paddles.

Fully agree. The prices in Toronto are fully unrealistic and if/when something happens a lot of people will be up a creek with no paddles.

Disagreed. No one is forced to pay the prices they pay. While I can understand some peoples' situation are a little less flexible than others, I bet the vast majority were not 'forced' into buying beyond their limits. The people buying are the ones that are being unrealistic (most people do not have a contingency fund nor would they be well prepared for an interest rate hike). Not the market itself.

Last edited:
In a way you are forced if you want to live there. It's that or you're forced to commute from wherever else which if you add those costs to your living it usually ends up near the same. Doesn't leave a lot of options really....

In a way you are forced if you want to live there. It's that or you're forced to commute from wherever else which if you add those costs to your living it usually ends up near the same. Doesn't leave a lot of options really....

If you want to live there.... exactly, "want". it's still based on a choice.

I see your point and while I partially agree you have to see the other side. Who "wants" to commute for an hour, two etc? No one so that does put a limit on choice. If it was me in don't know what I'd choose. Overpriced housing or ridiculous commutes

I see your point and while I partially agree you have to see the other side. Who "wants" to commute for an hour, two etc? No one so that does put a limit on choice. If it was me in don't know what I'd choose. Overpriced housing or ridiculous commutes

I agree it's an expensive and a sacrificial choice one way or another for many people. I see it with friends and family.

A 600k, 1100 sqft house in Toronto makes alot more sense then a 350k 600sqft (+fees) condo in mississauga.

I took my car off the road and opted for transit for 3 years while I was in school due to cost. It was cheaper for me to be paying rent 5 min from my school then to commute.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I see, I can up my budget a bit... I thought that something a 20-30min subway ride away would be possible for $800/mo just so I can save a bit of cash, if not, then such is life... I'll up my budget and keep looking.

20-30 min away you can find one for sure. Unfortunately you usually can't find them on kijiji or viewit.
I have friends who pay 750 for 1 bedroom basements. The area could be worse but isnt the greatest.

Open your search area to about 15km radius. Youd be surprised the gems you can find.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sorry guy, for $800 for a bachelor in a nice neighbourhood you want to move in 1996. You can thank Mike Harris in part for this for de-regulating rents. It's all about condos now which are 100% uncontrolled. Your condo-landlord can say for you because they like you, a rent of $800 and then as soon as the lease is up, they can tell you the rent is now $5000 and there is nothing you can do about it except move.

The only market more expensive in Toronto in Canada is Vancouver.

In what situation do landlords not have to abide by the rent increase guideline?

I knew there's a reason I live in Peterborough 11 minutes door to door

Known by some

Moving to Toronto?

Well, you have my condolences, you poor bastard.

I had an apartment roughly around that much near Pape & Danforth ... it was a ********...

I still live in that area and my apartment's still a ******** too. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom