Moving to Toronto | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moving to Toronto

If it wasn't for work would people actually willingly move to Toronto? I thought Liverpool and Belgrade were ****ing toilets when I visited them but at least you could live in a house there....Toronto you actually have to travel into to enjoy the delights of what exactly?

If it wasn't for work would people actually willingly move to Toronto? I thought Liverpool and Belgrade were ****ing toilets when I visited them but at least you could live in a house there....Toronto you actually have to travel into to enjoy the delights of what exactly?

Gridlock traffic, rude people and 600K+ houses that are falling apart

Gridlock traffic, rude people and 1M+ houses that are falling apart

Fixed that for you.

OP you can find a decent bachelor or 1br in the older apt buildings, for more or less 1000. They'll be much bigger than those in newer constructions. Look around Yonge/Eg or near the Gay Village (the whole downtown core is gay anyway) I have a friend who just got a relatively large bachelor with a massive balcony near Church and Jarvis for 950.

For 1100 you can find a bachelor or small 1br in most neighbourhoods.

My previous place was a 1br near Bloor/Ossington with a massive patio, 985. Deals can be had.

Gridlock traffic, rude people and 600K+ houses that are falling apart

Oh do to tell me where I sign up for that? It sounds so appealing I'll take two. Especially the houses part. You know you can't beat home ownership especially when it's for overpriced **** in Toronto. :rolleyes:

Yes, there are whole generations of people that have lived there whole lives there beleive it or not. Not to mention all the immigrants want to move there.

I had to bid on my current place, got it for 75 bucks over asking. Previous place I visited went for $200 over asking, I lost out by $100.

Yes, we're talking rentals here.

Still, if you think it's bad here, try Boston, NYC, London, Paris, etc. Toronto is still affordable by worldwide standards.

My brother lived in Paris for 3 years and he paid 1350 euros for an apt so small he could literally take a shower and cook himself an egg at the same time. 280 sq. ft "one-bedroom".

I had to bid on my current place, got it for 75 bucks over asking. Previous place I visited went for $200 over asking, I lost out by $100.

Yes, we're talking rentals here.

Still, if you think it's bad here, try Boston, NYC, London, Paris, etc. Toronto is still affordable by worldwide standards.

My brother lived in Paris for 3 years and he paid 1350 euros for an apt so small he could literally take a shower and cook himself an egg at the same time. 280 sq. ft "one-bedroom".

I lived in Paris too for 3y but the thing was....I really didn't mind paying over the odds to live in one of the worlds finest cities. Now.....Toronto....that would just be taking the piss.

Hey,

I live I east york, (donlands area) and work downtown. As long as you are some where near the subway line, its not a big deal. Downtown is dam expensive. If you really are set on a downtown pad, start looking for a roomate/s, Or spadina and queen area, which is still really expensive.

Sup guys and girls? I'm starting work in Toronto near Union Station and I need to find a place to live that's fairly close and fairly affordable. I'm hoping for a bachelor apartment in the $800 range, no more than 4-5km's away from Front and Bay.

Is that reasonable? Does anyone here know of any vacancies in their building that might fit my needs? Thanks.

It's more expensive but I found you a large furnished downtown apartment across from the Skydome.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-room-rental-roommate/city-of-toronto/live-large-in-downtown-toronto/549655763

I stopped at the giant PENIS pillow on the couch. Good luck with the search for a roommate buddy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the balcony is big enough to hold some patio furniture. I know a guy........

A 2br in that building is around 2k. Mortgage payment can't be much more than $2500. Nice try you weirdo.

I pay $1500 for a 1200 sq foot top floor of a house with a front and rear balcony and a parking spot. But I'm about 8-9 km away from that area. Right downtown is ridiculously expensive. My gf's sister pays around the same for something that is less than 1/4 the size of our place and they don't have parking.

Back
Top Bottom