Moving to Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moving to Toronto

Type17

Sup guys and girls? I'm starting work in Toronto near Union Station and I need to find a place to live that's fairly close and fairly affordable. I'm hoping for a bachelor apartment in the $800 range, no more than 4-5km's away from Front and Bay.

Is that reasonable? Does anyone here know of any vacancies in their building that might fit my needs? Thanks.

Sup guys and girls? I'm starting work in Toronto near Union Station and I need to find a place to live that's fairly close and fairly affordable. I'm hoping for a bachelor apartment in the $800 range, no more than 4-5km's away from Front and Bay.

Is that reasonable? Does anyone here know of any vacancies in their building that might fit my needs? Thanks.

$800 is wishful thinking

$800 is wishful thinking

You could get a small studio off the Bayview Extension for $800ish.

dodge_van.jpg

Sorry guy, for $800 for a bachelor in a nice neighbourhood you want to move in 1996. You can thank Mike Harris in part for this for de-regulating rents. It's all about condos now which are 100% uncontrolled. Your condo-landlord can say for you because they like you, a rent of $800 and then as soon as the lease is up, they can tell you the rent is now $5000 and there is nothing you can do about it except move.

The only market more expensive in Toronto in Canada is Vancouver.

1 bedroom basements can be found in the dupont area. Not very nice ones mind you.

Look into rentals around dupont station. Just 5ish years ago I was paying 550 for a decent sized bachelor at dupont and bathurst.

That being said if your looking for a place with parking have fun. BUT keep in mind your near union station. Expand your search area to places that are within walking distance to the subway. You could even go as far as yorkdale and make it to union in probably 40 min.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Check out st james town by sherbourne subway. Theres a fee apartment buildings 700:730:666 ontario St. cheap 1 bedrooms. Nothing close to 800 maybe close to 1k?

I had an apartment roughly around that much near Pape & Danforth ... it was a ********...

Look along the subway lines. You may be able to find something.

Take a look at viewit.ca

your not gonna get a bach pad even in st jamestown for 800. find a basement apt.. maybe a bit outside of the downtown core... or get some roommates that are cool, like students or working

Mimico/New Toronto may be an option for you. Its near a streetcar line and south of Lakeshore is nice, quiet and near water.

40 min to union station approximately by streetcar.

Ewww St Jamestown. I had a buddy move there for a few months about 10 years ago and it was disgusting. Dirty, falling apart and infested with roaches.

It was like a little 3rd world country inside the city.

$800/m doesn't even get you a basement apartment in Barrie anymore.

Princess's Man's response:

$800 is doable. Some of Princess's Man's friends are starving artists/bums, and I've seen their places. You could try the Parkdale or Junction areas. Parkdale is a mixed bag of sketch & hipsters, but within walking distance to some great bars.

For your budget, your best bet is to look at where most of the "artists" live.

Good luck. And, if need help, pm Princess's Man! :bunny:

If you look into the yonge and eglinton area with luck you can find some basements for 800. I used to pay for a studio apartment $1000 10 years ago (it was like 400 SF) lol

They rent bedrooms in the dupont area for 500 but you are renting a bedroom and sharing bathroom and everything else, good luck, I would say for less than 1100 you won't find an apartment in the area oyu are looking.

1 bedroom apartment rents are going for 1900 in the condo i used to live downtown

Sorry to hear that

If you're moving to take a job you might want to either re-negotiate the salary or cancel the offer with the explanation that due to the massive spike in rent and transportation in TO you cannot take the job as it would mean losing too much income.

Most companies don't give cost of living increases, the banks definitely don't. Which means if you start low it's your problem to solve if GO raises the fares like they do every year, etc.

It's fun to live in TO, it's not fun to live in abject grinding poverty for the "privilege" of doing so.

look into the danforth area like leslieville, theres lot of mixed housing and subway, streetcars are plentiful. closer to l and l.. hang out there more and make some new roommates lol. junction is gonna get pricier, keele and stclair area is booming with shopping it essential has a suburb still strip mall... yonge and eg isnt really cheap nor will it be cheaper once the ttc put that track in. parking spots for a new condo were selling for 30g if i can remember correctly.

Have you considered not moving to Toronto?

It's full of idiots that are politicians, the women have unrealistic standards and expectations, crazy gridlock and traffic, costs that make no sense what so ever, un-realistic real estate prices and rents ... the list goes on.

Have you considered not moving to Toronto?

It's full of idiots that are politicians, the women have unrealistic standards and expectations, crazy gridlock and traffic, costs that make no sense what so ever, un-realistic real estate prices and rents ... the list goes on.

But you did found one that is willing to do One night stand. So what's the big deal?

Back
Top Bottom