sportbikes to cruiser | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

sportbikes to cruiser

Take it as you will from a new rider but if your going from a light and nimble bike like a ninja and expecting the same thing from a cruiser like a v-star your going to be greatly disappointed.

I have a 99 v star 650, I find it plenty powerful up until 90km/hr.
Over that it is lacking slightly but again as a new rider just learning its plenty for me. I also have nothing to compare to.

My suggestion is to look into 800cc and up.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Consider a Moto Guzzi California. You'll get a very reliable, very comfortable, very good looking cruiser with excellent fit and finish. Best if all, you'll be able to lean it over much more than most any other cruiser.

Coming from a sport bike, you'll probably appreciate the handling advantage of the Suzuki M50 due to the inverted front shocks. I own the predecessor to it and love the feeling of scraping the pegs in the twisties.

I'm actually looking to jump ship into a naked/standard bike. I'll be selling my 2000 Suzuki VZ800 in the near future, PM me if interested.

I made the jump from sport bike to adventure bike and am loving it almost all of the performance and none of the discomfort. I went from a ducati 1198 to a ktm 1190 adventure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I went the opposite way from an M50 all done up, to a zx14 and couldn't be happier, i found the cruiser very tough on my lower back and i did change seats to a mustang, didn't help much, I would ride a few and make sure its what you really want.

I went from a bandit 1200s to a goldwing, now on a v strom. Fun and all day comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had 5 bikes since I started riding: 03 Suzuki GS500, 93 Kawasaki ZX7, 04 Kawasaki Z750, 09 Triumph Bonneville and just got my 07 Harley Super Glide for this season. My experience is pretty relevant to this thread and all I can say is that it depends on what style of riding interests you.. the Harley is by far my favourite bike of all 5. No it's not the fastest, doesn't corner best but the bike overall is so damn fun to ride and I wouldn't trade it for anything. As a street bike I think the twin engines are better suited, all the power you need is right there, right away. Test ride anything that interests you and it will be pretty easy to figure out what you like.

I've ridden a 250 suzuki marauder and now an s40 savage. the savage is a 650 single and is really torqey, picks up quick off the line. good for rides around town. ideally i'd like a harley but for now i love the savage.

Back
Top Bottom