Legal to ride w/o instrument cluster? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Legal to ride w/o instrument cluster?

Jeprox13

I'm just curious if it's okay for me to remove my instrument cluster.
Not saying I'll do it but just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XenoVibe is correct.

next question. :>

Odometers

(5) Every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle shall be equipped with an odometer in good working order. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 66 (5).

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_90h08_e.htm

Could not find anything on speedometers this time, but from previous research, they are not legally required. Yes for a safety you are supposed to go 30km/h then stop etc. But it does not say a speedometer is required anywhere I can find.

All you need is a speedo from the last cop i spoke to. This being said, just have your phone mounted on your bike that display the speed via gps(?)

All you need is a speedo from the last cop i spoke to. This being said, just have your phone mounted on your bike that display the speed via gps(?)

Odometer is to record vehicle mileage, which must always be on the vehicle. GPS mounted speedometer is fine.

Odometer is to record vehicle mileage, which must always be on the vehicle. GPS mounted speedometer is fine.

Not so see the HTA section referred to in Post #4. Odometer is required on any vehicle OTHER than a motorcycle. This is why UVIP's have mileage for all vehicles except motorcycles.

Having said that to me it would be foolish to ride without some form of speedometer, if for no other reason than to avoid speeding tickets.

Not illegal for motorcycles. Not smart either, though.

HTA only mandates speedometers in buses, and motorcycles are exempt from requiring an odometer.

All you need is a speedo, I was pulled over on my old hardtail and the cop wanted to know where my speedometer was...I had just a small 2.5" speedo mounted right near my right knee and that was good enough.
photostream

All you need is a speedo, I was pulled over on my old hardtail and the cop wanted to know where my speedometer was...I had just a small 2.5" speedo mounted right near my right knee and that was good enough.
photostream

He wouldn't have been able to give you a ticket for it.

Back
Top Bottom