Pot holes in Germany | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pot holes in Germany

cbcanada

Banned
Okay so i am talking to a German guy whose english is ether bad

he says in Germany to repair pot holes they actually fill the pot holes with a "cut to fit" piece of "rock" i am guessing he meant pavement.

He was not able to explain it fully but he said they do not fill It with the wet asphalt and wait till It dries solid like how we do

He said the pot holes once filled are good for years and years

Is there anyone that knows more on this and can explain?

Are we doing the crap method so the road workers will have a job refilling every whole over and over?

However they do it, they do it very quick. I drive/ride there once or twice every year and can count the potholes that I've seen with one hand with spare digits.

What I don't understand is why do they overfill potholes?

Why can't they just even it out with the road?

Sucks when you're going around a blind curve and these pop up, it completely upsets the bike.

article-2265927-1711379A000005DC-516_634x476.jpg

909841-city-north-news.jpg

What I don't understand is why do they overfill potholes?

Why can't they just even it out with the road?

Sucks when you're going around a blind curve and these pop up, it completely upsets the bike.

article-2265927-1711379A000005DC-516_634x476.jpg

909841-city-north-news.jpg

They're trying to compensate when heavy trucks compress them

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Are we doing the crap method so the road workers will have a job refilling every whole over and over?

That and we like to use the recycled soft cheese material which is cheap but lasts very little. I guess for the low speed limit in Ontario is considered OK. Can you imagine they would use something like that on the famous Autobahn??

City of Kingston has been using the professor's idea of using fresh oil and not used reclaimed oil and other assorted crap that we do in Toronto. He says the roads last longer and hold up better when you use fresh ingredients. Kingston has been doing it for several years. Would be interesting if someone could check out roads there if they live out that way.

Potholes undercut the road surface somewhat, so a quick fill is temporary. The fill compacts, the edges crumble, water gets in and the cycle continues. The repairs near a friend's house lasted less than 48 hours due to the heavy traffic.

I think the proper procedure is to cut around the hole to give the patch something solid to adhere to. That, and good materials, costs money, so it doesn't happen often in Toronto. I think there's a backlog of $500 million when road repairs are concerned.

There are many grades of cement. Most roads are tar. Kinda like paper glue vs epoxy.

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS

This is no different than anything else here. Cheapest possible fix. That way more money is left over for the city councellors self given raises every year.

Back
Top Bottom