Trailer sales?? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trailer sales??

Would anyone be looking to buy a open 4x8 that would haul two bikes? I might be selling mine....i'm not sure what I should be asking.....

I second Jenson's. We bought our trailer second hand but it was from there and went back to them for some bits and bobs. Customer service was amazing!

Would anyone be looking to buy a open 4x8 that would haul two bikes? I might be selling mine....i'm not sure what I should be asking.....

How do you get two bikes on a 4 x 8? Serious question. It seems if you mount the two bikes outboard enough to keep them clear from one another, the outer tie straps would be vertical at best. Moot point for me because my folding 4 x 8 couldn't safely handle the weight, but I
am still curious.

How do you get two bikes on a 4 x 8? Serious question. It seems if you mount the two bikes outboard enough to keep them clear from one another, the outer tie straps would be vertical at best. Moot point for me because my folding 4 x 8 couldn't safely handle the weight, but I
am still curious.

It is a harbour freight 4x8 folding welded together on 12" wheels. I think it was rated for about 1200lbs. 2x sport bikes with a wood deck and chocks weight a under that. It has a 10' Foot 2x2 metal square outrigger up front so that the bikes can be strapped apart. The 2500-3000lb d-rings are bolted in and support the weight of the strapped bikes...

It pulls really well with two sport bikes, one bike you cant even feel the weight. The trailer only weighs about 300lbs....I've had everything from duc's to regular run of the mill bikes that can be loaded up just fine....

We can easily setup your 4x8 to haul 2 bikes if your axle / frame will allow for it - let me know if you need help?

some pictures....

TOWRIG.jpg

Last edited:
It isn't just the salt that causes corrosion. if your trailer is parked on concrete or asphalt your good to go, but many park theirs on the grass behind house the moisture gets trapped under the trailer and just sits and sits and sits under there. Our trailer was parked on grass for the past two years it is now in Krown rust proofing getting fixed up cleaned up and treated.

It isn't just the salt that causes corrosion. if your trailer is parked on concrete or asphalt your good to go, but many park theirs on the grass behind house the moisture gets trapped under the trailer and just sits and sits and sits under there. Our trailer was parked on grass for the past two years it is now in Krown rust proofing getting fixed up cleaned up and treated.

Didn't know they did trailer...what is that setting you back to have your trailer coated?

It will be stored in my driveway through the summer and I'll put tarps down under the trailer when I park it for the winter. It comes undercoated but I'll have it sprayed before I store it this year and probably every other year after.

It is a harbour freight 4x8 folding welded together on 12" wheels. I think it was rated for about 1200lbs. 2x sport bikes with a wood deck and chocks weight a under that. It has a 10' Foot 2x2 metal square outrigger up front so that the bikes can be strapped apart. The 2500-3000lb d-rings are bolted in and support the weight of the strapped bikes...

It pulls really well with two sport bikes, one bike you cant even feel the weight. The trailer only weighs about 300lbs....I've had everything from duc's to regular run of the mill bikes that can be loaded up just fine....

We can easily setup your 4x8 to haul 2 bikes if your axle / frame will allow for it - let me know if you need help?

some pictures....

TOWRIG.jpg

Thanks. I have *exactly* the same trailer by appearances (although mine is bolted together and still folding, not welded). Pretty sure it is only rated for 800 lbs so you must be close to that if not over. Still, if it works and the springs are not bottoming then it should be good. I once had 800 lbs of flagstone in mine and the springs were getting pretty close to the U-bolts that secure the axle. Outrigger solution looks good to me, as does the staggering of the wheel chocks. Thanks for sharing.

Edit - nope, you are probably right - checked and it is rated for 1170 lbs payload.

Last edited:
Thanks. I have *exactly* the same trailer by appearances (although mine is bolted together and still folding, not welded). Pretty sure it is only rated for 800 lbs so you must be close to that if not over. Still, if it works and the springs are not bottoming then it should be good. I once had 800 lbs of flagstone in mine and the springs were getting pretty close to the U-bolts that secure the axle. Outrigger solution looks good to me, as does the staggering of the wheel chocks. Thanks for sharing.

Edit - nope, you are probably right - checked and it is rated for 1170 lbs payload.

I also have this trailer, and it's rated for 1195lb.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-l...tility-trailer-with-12-inch-wheels-90154.html

I couldn't find the non-standard size of bearing seals, so I replaced the axle with one that supports up to 3 tons, lol...not that the frame is any good for that, but just saying.. :)

I also have this trailer, and it's rated for 1195lb.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-l...tility-trailer-with-12-inch-wheels-90154.html

I couldn't find the non-standard size of bearing seals, so I replaced the axle with one that supports up to 3 tons, lol...not that the frame is any good for that, but just saying.. :)

I've just been removing the bearings / cleaning them and relubing them by hand every single year - they were in excellent condition last year.

Just threw on a set of tires - they were still great then.

Didn't know they did trailer...what is that setting you back to have your trailer coated?

It is a 20' X 8" Vnose enclosed trailer, belongs to our ATV club, just got an email from the President, she called to get the bill. There is none instead he wants to scrape and clean it then treat it yearly in exchange for our club doing some promotional stuff for his location on our social media pages. Great deal though.

Yes the tarp thing will also work in the winter. Our club trailer is getting a new resting place on a concrete pad, After all we spent a fair amount on having it wrapped with our club logo and colours.

The Krown guys at Creditstone and 7 did our 7x14 for about $100 when it was new. Well worth the cost, we use it year 'round.

Buddy of mine owns the Krown in Newmarket and he does trailers all the time...even has a mobile spray unit to do large equipment on their site.

Trailer's ordered, should be here in 3-4 weeks. I ended up buying from Nathan at First Place Trailers. Decided to stick with steel, the extra price for aluminum wasn't worth it to me and allowed me to add a couple extra features instead. The only real benifit I could see was weight savings and that's not an issue with my tow vehicle. When reselling a trailer this size I doubt people with vehicles that have a 5,000lb tow rating would even consider it.

This will save me atleast 2-3hrs a trip for loading/unloading. Trying to stuff two bikes and all the required gear for 3 days into the box of my truck and towing a tiny camper trailer stuffed with even more stuff was beyond frustrating, especially when you have to start at 5am to make it to the track on time. Leaving the bikes in the truck overnight is not an option.

Trailer's ordered, should be here in 3-4 weeks. I ended up buying from Nathan at First Place Trailers. Decided to stick with steel, the extra price for aluminum wasn't worth it to me and allowed me to add a couple extra features instead. The only real benifit I could see was weight savings and that's not an issue with my tow vehicle. When reselling a trailer this size I doubt people with vehicles that have a 5,000lb tow rating would even consider it.

This will save me atleast 2-3hrs a trip for loading/unloading. Trying to stuff two bikes and all the required gear for 3 days into the box of my truck and towing a tiny camper trailer stuffed with even more stuff was beyond frustrating, especially when you have to start at 5am to make it to the track on time. Leaving the bikes in the truck overnight is not an option.

Congrats. You wont be disappointed Nathan is a great guy and his trailers are a good value and quality. Bit of a hike but on such a large purchase worth the time.

It is a bit far but it's an easy drive. Him being involved in MX makes him quite knoledgable of what you do and don't need for track purposes keeping the purchase that much simpler.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone and the help with my questions. I'll post up some pics when it arrives.

So just thought I'd follow up with my experience. After ordering my trailer on the 18th of April and being quoted 3-4 weeks which allowed me plenty of time to receive the trailer and organize, it I was left waiting until the day I had to leave for my first national. 9 weeks after placing the order (5th of June) I pulled the trailer off the lot and while I was inspecting the trailer the salesman lets me know he got a trailer for a fellow racer in 3 weeks.... After numerous calls to the dealer wondering where my trailer was with many unreturned calls I was less than satisfied. This wasn't an over the top custom trailer, just a cargo trailer with the addition of a tip out sleeper. There's nothing wrong with the quality of the trailer but after spending a hefty chunk of money on it I would have assumed it would at least have been washed for me when I picked it up. I wasn't waiting any longer though and had only a few hours to drive home from Branford, load my gear and bike only to turn right back around to Shannonville. Nice enough people but this experience wasn't exactly positive.

Thats disapointing. Certainly not the experience I had. My trailer was on timevand clean. Even couriered me a couple extra wheel chocks the next day free of charge.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Thats disapointing. Certainly not the experience I had. My trailer was on timevand clean. Even couriered me a couple extra wheel chocks the next day free of charge.

I even worked in the **** happens factor. 2-3 extra weeks wouldn't have been the end of the world but when your over double the quoted time and then tell me you got someone a custom built trailer done and shipped in 3 weeks that's just a slap to the face. If I didn't need the trailer I would have walked off the lot with my deposit.

I would have done the same. I wonder if Nathan realizes how bad press on GTAM will effect his sales. Hope your trailer is at least solid and you can now enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom