Northern roads | GTAMotorcycle.com

Northern roads

BimmerMike

Just came back from a work trip thru Haliburton area. Roads are clear but still lots of snow and ice on the shoulders. This creates many wet patches with the water running across.
Whenever you are traveling on a road that you haven't been on in a while..especially over the winter it is wise to take it easy at first.
I was coming across 45 ( Monk road ) just East of Sebright in my work van...little tired and maybe had the cruise set a little high...hit a huge dip in the road right at the apex of a tight corner...back end lifted off the pavement and the van landed sideways.
Got my attention but I wouldn't want to test that again while leaned over on my bike or even have been coming the other way when some van goes sideways in the middle of a corner.

Play safe....good weather is just beginning.

Crossed CR 45 today (by car) from Orillia to Norland, still some sand at 2 or 3 intersections but otherwise was fine. Dips are smoothing out I think as frost leaves. Highway 35 Norland to Minden was fine. With some sand on the road shoulders that could get tracked on to the road so you still need to be careful. If you know and love the twisties on Deep Bay Rd from Moore Falls to Minden be careful still, lots of sand still on that road.

Back
Top Bottom