Grand Bend/ SOAR Fridays | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Grand Bend/ SOAR Fridays

Yeah, not really sure why non-racers are upset about not being able to book a race practice day (not a track day) until 10 days before.

License holders (the people who help pay the bills) will clearly get first dibs on something like that.

To be devil's advocate --- Non-racer train of thought:
Annoyed simply because I am being treated as an income source and nothing more.
If SOAR books up, then I can't register and am out of luck.
If SOAR doesn't book up, then yes please, sign up, give us your money and help us break even/profit.

SOAR and GB need to make money. Plain and simple. I don't race, and I can understand where they are coming from. I hope it all works out positively.

Unfortunately, I do not agree with the assessment that the Racer5 days were only getting 20-25 riders extra beyond the school.
The pits were always full (even had 6-7 bikes past the main pit area into the dirt lot too) on each of the 3-4 days I went there.

I will wait to sign up for any SOAR/GB day until I hear how it is handled and how everyone is treated. If it's good, then I will sign up, if not, Shannonville, the DDT and TMP (well... maybe if I'm desperate...) will get my business instead.

If SOAR doesn't book up, then yes please, sign up, give us your money and help us break even/profit.
You are way over thinking this

Can not see SOAR and Grand Bend as the enemy, just look at it from this point of view

If SOAR makes no money, they are gone, if they are gone there will be no registration whatsoever because there won't be a track day
Same with Grand Bend etc

You are way over thinking this

Can not see SOAR and Grand Bend as the enemy, just look at it from this point of view

If SOAR makes no money, they are gone, if they are gone there will be no registration whatsoever because there won't be a track day
Same with Grand Bend etc

Please re-read my comments.
I was being devil's advocate. Simply expressing a point of view I have heard from several people that I ride with.
You will note, I said "SOAR and GB need to make money. Plain and simple. I don't race, and I can understand where they are coming from. I hope it all works out positively."
I
understand SOAR needs to make money, and so does GB. I have no problem with this whatsoever.

Simply going to take the wait and see attitude before jumping on board.

I'm okay with how it's all being done, because I'm an experienced red group rider. GSXR Girl, whom I go to track days with, rides in green group and isn't yet comfortable with the sort of passing that will happen in a mixed group. This complicates our plans, and unfortunately may force us to CTMP, Shanny, Calabogie, and God forbid TMP. I'm going to try to make it to the SOAR practice weekend Saturday, and we are both planning to come to the first Friday and see how it goes. Hopefully it's all good because we both really like Grand Bend and have always enjoyed the Racer5 and SOAR days.

SOAR and GB need to make money. Plain and simple. I don't race, and I can understand where they are coming from. I hope it all works out positively.

Unfortunately, I do not agree with the assessment that the Racer5 days were only getting 20-25 riders extra beyond the school.
The pits were always full (even had 6-7 bikes past the main pit area into the dirt lot too) on each of the 3-4 days I went there.

I will wait to sign up for any SOAR/GB day until I hear how it is handled and how everyone is treated. If it's good, then I will sign up, if not, Shannonville, the DDT and TMP (well... maybe if I'm desperate...) will get my business instead.

Also, it's not a race practice day. By SOAR's very own admission it's a hybrid of a track day and a practice day. Gotta love the attitude of those "racers" though.

Also, it's not a race practice day. By SOAR's very own admission it's a hybrid of a track day and a practice day. Gotta love the attitude of those "racers" though.

Sure, and you can wait until the week before to see 80 racers have filled the spots or not for the non race practice day.

Sure, and you can wait until the week before to see 80 racers have filled the spots or not for the non race practice day.

Yes. This has been covered already. :cool:

8c7b8.jpg

So this registration process is as clear as mud....

Ken, you refer to colour groups but the GBM website uses Beginner, Intermediate and Expert. You also said there would be no green group (I'll assume that means beginner???) but the beginner group is an option on GMB's website.

There is no separate group for SOAR racers? If I miss the ten day deadline to I miss entry into the SOAR group?

Clear as mud.........

Tim-patience please. We are forming this on the fly and both Paul and I have said that adjustments and things may and likely will change.
I dont want to run a green group. It doesnt make sense. 90% or better of participants will be SOAR racers and a few trackday guys sprinkled in. If we run a green group we may see a half dozen soooooo is it wise to drop a potential 20 person red group to accommodate a six rider green group? Thats my reason for saying that. I have conveyed this to Paul and thought we were in agreement. Is there a communication problem? Possibly. I will be there tomorrow and will iron this all out with Paul and Ron in person. We will get through this weekend with whatever adjusting needed and move forward.
I have already emailed Paul regarding the rest of the season and ALL registrations for Fridays will be done through GBM and I will be out of the process completely. SOAR racers will still get priority until the ten day mark then it will be open to trackday goers.
Is the mud clearing?

Back
Top Bottom