Some Questions Regarding 848 evo | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Some Questions Regarding 848 evo

95 what? Fuel is measured differently around the world. It could mean one of three things:

Research Octane Number (RON)
Motor Octane Number (MON)
Anti-Knock Index (AKI or PON)

In most countries, including Australia, New Zealand and all of those in Europe, the "headline" octane rating shown on the pump is the RON, but in Canada, the United States, Brazil, and some other countries, the headline number is the average of the RON and the MON, called the Anti-Knock Index (AKI, and often written on pumps as (R+M)/2). It may also sometimes be called the Pump Octane Number (PON).

(source: Wikipedia)

Its RON.I've been using shell 91.

油井緋色;2152758 said:
As others have said, keep the revs low-mid. I would advise not using the higher range until you really know the bike. Reasoning is due to the absurd amount of engine braking at higher revs when you drop the throttle; it pretty much acts as a rear brake. If you freak out mid corner and chop the throttle, we'll be seeing you on the news =(

Ride safe!
I am not going over 3-4k rpm any ways due to the break in period.The engine breaking at higher revs ..is it bad for the engine?don't worry you won't be seeing me on the news. its not my first first bike.its a first in canada.i've ridden 500 cc for 5 yrs ..which had no rpm gauge just speedo, odo and fuel gauge but Thanks for your advise.

Sorry I was presuming "normal" riding. Not break in or because you're new to the bike. Obviously you would want to baby it if you're new to it and in the break in.

Engine braking won't hurt the engine. It might hurt your clutch if you use it wrong. Again, it's the same as a manual car (although more pronounced).

Hi guys,
so i got the 1000 km break-in service and currently at 2000km by the time I'll store it I'll have about 3500km on it. The manual says next oil change at 12000km or 12 months whichever comes first.
Should change the oil before winetr storage again after only riding 2500km since 1000 km break- in service or ride it next year and then change the oil before storing it.
i've have searched most of the winter storage threads on gtam and every one has different opinions.
what should i do?
1)battery tender
2)bike on stands
3)fill up the tank without stabilizer( idon't put gas with with ethanol only shell 91) or fill up the tank with stabilizer
4) change oil at 3500 km( about 8500 km before owners manual recommendation) or ride it next year and change the oil before storing it next year.

Hi guys,
so i got the 1000 km break-in service and currently at 2000km by the time I'll store it I'll have about 3500km on it. The manual says next oil change at 12000km or 12 months whichever comes first.
Should change the oil before winetr storage again after only riding 2500km since 1000 km break- in service or ride it next year and then change the oil before storing it.
i've have searched most of the winter storage threads on gtam and every one has different opinions.
what should i do?
1)battery tender
2)bike on stands
3)fill up the tank without stabilizer( idon't put gas with with ethanol only shell 91) or fill up the tank with stabilizer
4) change oil at 3500 km( about 8500 km before owners manual recommendation) or ride it next year and change the oil before storing it next year.
Dude, I don't think anyone will answer your questions at this point in the season. Plenty of riding left. It's the beginning of August, this is an October/November thread.

Hi guys,
what should i do?
1)battery tender
2)bike on stands

Fill up the tank with stabilizer lol

Ride it all winter.

"Ethanol only Shell 91." I fear this Evo 848 will not end well.
I don't see the problem with that line from his post. He said he only uses Shell 91 because he doesn't use gas with ethanol.

Although even with that said I'd add stabilizer even to gas without ethanol and not all Shell 91 is ethanol free (actually I noticed they took the ethanol labels off all their pumps now).

I felt it wouldn't end well after the first post but it appears so far the rider has managed to keep himself and his bike alive so he surpassed my expectations, lol.

Isn't it a little early to be planning winter storage? There's still 3-4 months of riding left...

All Ducati's except for 'race ready' SP and R models come to Canada as lean as it can get. For damn emission purposes that is. So that mileage is the best you will ever see on that bike. The L-twins are not designed for fuel economy to begin with. Just have fun on it and stick to Shell 91.

I don't see the problem with that line from his post.

So Shell 91 is ethanol only?

I'm not sure if this model is affected, but Ducati had a big problem with plastic tanks that softened and swelled due to ethanol in fuel. You would think on a premium brand they would do some testing in the largest market.

So Shell 91 is ethanol only?

I'm not sure if this model is affected, but Ducati had a big problem with plastic tanks that softened and swelled due to ethanol in fuel. You would think on a premium brand they would do some testing in the largest market.
Re-read his post. He says he does not use gas with ethanol, only Shell 91. He did leave out a comma, though, making it a tiny bit confusing.

All Ducati's except for 'race ready' SP and R models come to Canada as lean as it can get. For damn emission purposes that is.

Given that there are minimal emission standards on bikes in North America, this is kinda surprising. Euro3 is far stricter. That's what catalytic converters accomplish.

Given that there are minimal emission standards on bikes in North America, this is kinda surprising. Euro3 is far stricter. That's what catalytic converters accomplish.
A lot of companies use the same model world wide. Only place I've heard of having special models is California. That's usually just an extra carbon evap canister.

GTAM needs an English-to-English translator.
You just need more time on here and you'll soon be able to read hieroglyphics from interpreting such horrible use of language. Lol

Back
Top Bottom