Norfolk County / Port Dover Twisty Roads | GTAMotorcycle.com

Norfolk County / Port Dover Twisty Roads

I haven't been down spooky hollow rd in years, but the number of people that can't stay in their own lane (as well as the sand that used to gather on that road) would make me hesitant doing any spirited riding on there, especially seeing it was pretty much a path cut through the forest so if you go off hello trees! Have they improved it at all in the last decade?

I haven't been down spooky hollow rd in years, but the number of people that can't stay in their own lane (as well as the sand that used to gather on that road) would make me hesitant doing any spirited riding on there, especially seeing it was pretty much a path cut through the forest so if you go off hello trees! Have they improved it at all in the last decade?

Not much... repaved it down near Turkey Point last year, or the year before... so pavement quality is fairly decent, but yeah... if you hit that crazy tight hairpin down at the bottom of the hill in Fisher's Glen... I don't know many people that can keep it on their own side of the paint, there... :)

Not much... repaved it down near Turkey Point last year, or the year before... so pavement quality is fairly decent, but yeah... if you hit that crazy tight hairpin down at the bottom of the hill in Fisher's Glen... I don't know many people that can keep it on their own side of the paint, there... :)

Try taking it in the rain! lol I felt like a grandma on a bicycle with how slow I went around that turn.... haha :D

Try taking it in the rain! lol I felt like a grandma on a bicycle with how slow I went around that turn.... haha :D

Haha, that is better than the alternative.
I remember the first couple times through there I almost dropped the bike to the inside because I was trying to lean it in, while going 2 miles an hour lol.

I prefer going into it from the bottom, turning left and cranking it up the hill. Although braking super hard down the hill and tipping it in feels nice for sure, as long as you make the turn 10/10 times

Their food is delicious. I grew up in Nanticoke, my sister actually worked there many moons ago

I have heard about it, but have never gone there... I don't really like fish, which is a pain in the ***. :)

I just purchased a home down in Nanticoke on the lake so I'll be doing lots of riding in the area and I'll check out Hoover's marina. Thanks for the info about it. I have a lot to learn about the area.

Not yet but I was looking into buying a couple of used wave runners. These might be more convenient. My house is directly across the street from the lake with nobody in front of me so I don't have a dock. If I get the wave runners I will be going to Hoover's quite a bit.

That's a harsh little turn. I haven't been down around that area in forever. We used to have a cottage in Turkey Point - I miss those days. Lol

Back
Top Bottom