200km range electric motorcycle! | GTAMotorcycle.com

200km range electric motorcycle!

I can't figure out how these new vehicles keep getting uglier and uglier.

Or better question is, what delusional investors are financing that sort of a design???

Zero motorcycles have a greater range (with the optional "power tank") and are already way ahead in the game in every aspect. So the fact that the ugly motorcycle made it to the 200 kms range is not gonna make me go order one.

But I am sure Sponge Bob loves the look of it.

Spongebob_and_gary_by_NiGHTSfanKevin.jpg

For the originally-posted bike ... yuck. But with that out of the way, I am quite sure that this will have the same problems as any other EV has now. You can have the acceleration and speed, or you can have the range, but you cannot have both at the same time!

200 km range is neither interesting nor useful in today's world if you have to go steadily at 40 km/h on level ground in order to achieve it ... and that's likely ...

Unless there's a break-through nobody has heard of yet.

I would expect, that this will come from someone like Tesla .... a huge new investment in new battery manufacturing facility in North America. I believe the estimate is 5Bil. and they already have secured financing for that. That is enough dough to make something happen. Plus they are pushing the design quite a bid, seeing the way the battery sits in the Tesla vehicles. It's basically thin sheet layers at the bottom of the car (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j...7ezLOUvlLoJNsA8LEzYl-UPA&ust=1397349327852443), opposed to every bike application effort so far I have seen where everyone is putting together the conventional cells ....

Unless there's a break-through nobody has heard of yet.

I would expect, that this will come from someone like Tesla .... a huge new investment in new battery manufacturing facility in North America. I believe the estimate is 5Bil. and they already have secured financing for that. That is enough dough to make something happen. Plus they are pushing the design quite a bid, seeing the way the battery sits in the Tesla vehicles. It's basically thin sheet layers at the bottom of the car (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j...7ezLOUvlLoJNsA8LEzYl-UPA&ust=1397349327852443), opposed to every bike application effort so far I have seen where everyone is putting together the conventional cells ....

Tesla's going places allright!...

Our "new"maintenance Director joined tesla after a mere 3 months at our place....

58 miles worth of power per 1hr high-power charge ..... and that has to be a Tesla specific recharge station I believe. Tesla claims that there's enough of the stations across US to make it from east to west coast in their vehicle. That certainly is a progress and they are doing something right, but it's obviously nowhere near the convenience of thousands and thousands of gas stations and average fill-up time .....

At any rate, if anyone can put a dent into the reach/recharge road block it's them. I cannot see right now anyone else tackling the issue anytime soon. The guy has proven himself to be determined enough as well as capable and he certainly is able to attract necessary investors. The economy version of the S model will be the tell tale sign of things to come. Let's see.

Back
Top Bottom