Cbr 600F4i leaking coolant..Help...thanks | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cbr 600F4i leaking coolant..Help...thanks

seepp

Hi any help my cbr 600 F4i leaking coolant thru the overflow hose underneath the bike.started let it ran fir 20 minutes temperature went up to over 129 degrees then the fluid started to flow out while it's still on. I had also fill it up as well as the reserve tank was low on fluid.f4i light on as well Any help thanks

My friend's F4i does the same thing if he gets stuck in traffic. Claimed it was normal.

You filled the reservoir way above the max? My F4i does not leak and I don't believe that it hits 129c since the fan will kick in at around 118c (can't remember now, been a while and have not started it yet).

Lol f4i they complicated my friends. Reminds me of my girl. Anyways how do I test the thermostat. Thanks

Lol f4i they complicated my friends. Reminds me of my girl. Anyways how do I test the thermostat. Thanks

by knowing when it should open at how many degrees, you place it in hot water and when the temp of the water reaches that temp the unit will open up, so you need a pot of water, thermometer, stove and your thermostat...

easier to just get a new one......and replace the old one

Your bike seems to have lots of problems...
no kidding...

I think you should take your bike to a shop andbhave them go over the thing and make sure everything is working properly its gona cost you a few bucks but it will be worthwhile.

Is it puking fluid out the overflow/reservoir tank? If so, that's a symptom of a leaky head gasket. It may be pushing gases into the cooling system and forcing coolant out the overflow.

Back
Top Bottom