Cuts to CBC: YAY! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cuts to CBC: YAY!

Cuts to CBC! Effin yay! Princess's Man sooo happy! :happy5::eek:ccasion9:

It's about time CBC stopped their gravy train. The only thing now is to completely cut off their $1.1 billion of funding by the taxpayer.

It's not a cut. They're just factoring in what they'll save not having to pay Strombo.

It's about time CBC stopped their gravy train. The only thing now is to completely cut off their $1.1 billion of funding by the taxpayer.

You must love Global News and CTV. And 680.

I'm happy and proud to pay for CBC broadcasting. I think they're news is outstanding, on in my car daily. They're radio shows are informative and topical. Just outstanding.

There is an arguement to be made for supporting national broadcasters from a cultural protection perspective. Canadians need to learn what that is.

I have to agree there is nothing else out there that compares to CBC radio for quality and information.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I think CBC's funding should be increased IMO. Moreover, I would gladly accept the BBC model here for CBC.

A public broadcaster fills a need (particularly on the news front) that the private sector can't/won't fulfill.

I never used to listen to CBC radio, but I've come to appreciate it.

Why can't the Ceeb just compete like everyone else?

Cut their funding 100%. If their "quality" and "information" is so valuable they would have no problem sustaining viability........

You must love Global News and CTV. And 680.

Sorry, bunny. :albino: But, Princess's Man is big supporter of public broadcasters like TVO and PBS. However, CBC's business model mirrors that of a commercial one. If CBC wants to generate its revenue through ads, then let them play with other commercial stations like Global, CTV. Just don't do it on taxpayer's money.

Princess's Man used to respect CBC Radio 1 & 2. However, it's gone to stupid since Stursberg's madness. :angry8:

Did you guys ever listen to "The Arts Tonight" with Eleanor Wachtel, "Brave New Waves", or "Monday Night Playhouse"? Sure, beats the pop crap and the pseudo-arts coverage on shows like "Q", "Radio 2 Drive", and "The Signal". Or, do you guys remember when there wasn't a "Promo Girl" or "Promo Guy"? Sorry, I will end my rant now, and move on with my life... :dog::angel10::grommit:

Goodbye CBC!

Sorry, bunny. :albino: But, Princess's Man is big supporter of public broadcasters like TVO and PBS. However, CBC's business model mirrors that of a commercial one. If CBC wants to generate its revenue through ads, then let them play with other commercial stations like Global, CTV. Just don't do it on taxpayer's money.

Princess's Man used to respect CBC Radio 1 & 2. However, it's gone to stupid since Stursberg's madness. :angry8:

Did you guys ever listen to "The Arts Tonight" with Eleanor Wachtel, "Brave New Waves", or "Monday Night Playhouse"? Sure, beats the pop crap and the pseudo-arts coverage on shows like "Q", "Radio 2 Drive", and "The Signal". Or, do you guys remember when there wasn't a "Promo Girl" or "Promo Guy"? Sorry, I will end my rant now, and move on with my life... :dog::angel10::grommit:

Goodbye CBC!

My question is why the hell do u refer to your self in the third person?

My question is why the hell do u refer to your self in the third person?

Iceman says "that is a good question" iceman likes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they don't fire those sexy journalists. They make life so much more pleasant

Sent from my tablet using my paws

I used to think anybody who refers to themselves in the 3rd person was mentally challenged in some sort of way but I know that's not the case

I like you. princess's man and peterm15 think the same.

The ONLY thing I like about CBC is its majority Canadian. But then again BBC canada is more to the root of Canadian heritage.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Inreb thinks CBC dissemination is cheaper than artificial insemination. Per capita. And more funner.

I like you. princess's man and peterm15 think the same.

Yay! Someone like Princess's Man! :bunny::love3:

Princess's Man's merry of the merriest advice is: GTAMers, don't use the third person too much. It will get old and stinky pretty quick. :dog::pottytrain5:

We'll always have CP24 to keep us informed. You know, if you don't have a Toronto Sun handy...

Back
Top Bottom