Cuts to CBC: YAY! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cuts to CBC: YAY!

Andrews or Bunker?

I find the only way to get an accurate and non bias account of whats happening is to read the same story from multiple sources.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I find the only way to get an accurate and non bias account of whats happening is to read the same story from multiple sources.

Some people call that synthesizing. I'm not convinced.

When they're all owned by different corporations, how much variance are you really getting? My shot at Global and 680 is basically my biggest problem with news today.

I read it in the Sun in the morning (hypothetically), listen to the SAME story on 680. Evening news Global has the SAME story. And at night City does it all over again. No 'investigative' journalism like the 5th Estate. It's all just pandering to the lowest common denominator.

I do think the CBC needs to change - they had a wonderful interview today with Heather Conway, and EVP at the broadcaster, where she basically re-iterated the very same.

CBC is so much more than Hockey Night in Canada. I think they should move the BBC model, like I said, I will happily pay to keep our power and elite in check through proper news and journalism.

CBC is so much more than Hockey Night in Canada. I think they should move the BBC model, like I said, I will happily pay to keep our power and elite in check through proper news and journalism.

Let me understand, government funded media outlet to keep those in power/elite (like the government maybe???) in check.

Got it.

One of the real problems with CBC is the waste and lack of accountability. We do some production and post-production work for them and have had meetings over lunch at places like Harbour 60 that have cost well in excess of $1500 - that they pay as they can't be seen to take money from us. With NBC and FOX it tends to be a $5 sandwich with a bottle of water in their staff café.

Why not trim this before trimming Canadian jobs?

Let me understand, government funded media outlet to keep those in power/elite (like the government maybe???) in check.

Got it.

CBC keeps an eye on the government, private stations (Dependant on ads from big business) keep an eye on big business which leaves us with the internet to get to the truth. We are doomed.

Love the CBC, but yeah, their people's working conditions are ridiculously privileged.

Let them fly on their own.

Back
Top Bottom