liberals proposing payment for IVF | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

liberals proposing payment for IVF

A +40 woman was interviewed for this story on the news last night (didn't catch news outlet, was surfing) She listed mortgage, car payments and cc debt as barriers to fund her own kid making program. I find it a little hard to be sympathetic, will just leave it at pathetic.

You know why some 40yr olds and 35 yr olds have trouble getting stumped?? Because nature likes it that way. If a 28 yr old cant get it going, its because she shouldn't have kids. On our farm we didn't breed 10 yr old cows, because they were OLD and the calves would be retarded. You can tell because they want to wear the farmers JD hat backwards and wont pull up their overalls. They just want to go to town and hang out of the back of the truck mooooing at the heifers and calling them udderly awesome.

You know why some 40yr olds and 35 yr olds have trouble getting stumped?? Because nature likes it that way. If a 28 yr old cant get it going, its because she shouldn't have kids. On our farm we didn't breed 10 yr old cows, because they were OLD and the calves would be retarded. You can tell because they want to wear the farmers JD hat backwards and wont pull up their overalls. They just want to go to town and hang out of the back of the truck mooooing at the heifers and calling them udderly awesome.

Comparison of 35-40 yr olds with cows.
We're going places, lol

That just means I care.

LOL, oh man, someones gonna get flamed...

kinda on the same topic, I had an Ex that somehow got her tit job paid for by OHIP! how the hell did she do that? another one I had paid for it herself so I don't think its common for that to happen but still, how the hell is that justified?

I think that if your young enough to have kids and something doesnt mesh, then ohip could cover part of it, but if your in your late 30's or older, too bad. IT obviously was not a priority for you anyway.

Don't have a problem with it. I do have a problem with a government that will piss away money by the billions for votes. The problem with that is, no one has died or felt a direct impact to the waste. It gets reported and it means squat.

I hate politics.

I had an Ex that somehow got her tit job paid for by OHIP! how the hell did she do that?

OHIP will cover cosmetic surgery with a report from a psychiatrist recommending the surgery be done.

Or they make up some bafflegab about it might be pre-cancerous. That's a catchall for OHIP funded cosmetic surgery. Nobody questions this stuff. Billing shmilling. Now that they moved the $54 billion excess from EI kitty to general coffers more things are possible.

edit, it's only money

Last edited:
I have a huge problem with this particular funding, just for few reasons ...... OHIP funds drugs if they are fully administered while you are in hospital, the moment they send you home packing they give you a prescription, which in cancer cases will costs you thousands and thousands per month, you have to cover yourself or people die. This loop hole is ridiculous and is far from the spirit of OHIP or Canadian health care in general. So, if they find 30 mil. for IVF that they should first find funding for the people who are critically ill and need coverage just to keep themselves alive!
My father has been in this situation most of his life. Currently spends $1k+ a month on prescriptions not covered by OHIP.

My father has been in this situation most of his life. Currently spends $1k+ a month on prescriptions not covered by OHIP.

That's frustrating. I agree with you and mxs, this proposed IVF thing is just misguided. There are many better things to do with the cash.

They need to get rid of IVF, too many homeless kids or kids forced to grow up in bad homes that could use the love.
Same with the animal breeders crap. People buy from these jag offs, instead of adopting when there is already way to many strays on the streets and suffering, spending years in a pound kennel until they are deemed not cute enough to adopt and get euthanized.

I would like to chime in on this a little bit as I have experience on both fronts. To keep it short version, 16 years ago my wife and I went through IVFin Toronto, no for us there wasn't a charge but that was because my wife had a liver transplant and they had never had any transplant patient go through it. Luckily for us it works first time and we now have 15 year old twin boys. Now do I agree that the government should cover it? No and I only say that because as someone mentioned earlier meds are covered if administered in hospital but once home if you don't have benefits you have to pay. As for myself, I am on dialysis for the second time in my 41 years and I work, part time in a hospital so no benefits and I was told when I started on dialysis 6 years ago that if I didn't have benefits I would not be put on the transplant list. So because I choose to work instead of live off the government on odsp I cannot be listed. So that 50 million would be nice if it was used for something like this or for non covered drugs that are needed by cancer patients.

I would like to chime in on this a little bit as I have experience on both fronts. To keep it short version, 16 years ago my wife and I went through IVFin Toronto, no for us there wasn't a charge but that was because my wife had a liver transplant and they had never had any transplant patient go through it. Luckily for us it works first time and we now have 15 year old twin boys. Now do I agree that the government should cover it? No and I only say that because as someone mentioned earlier meds are covered if administered in hospital but once home if you don't have benefits you have to pay. As for myself, I am on dialysis for the second time in my 41 years and I work, part time in a hospital so no benefits and I was told when I started on dialysis 6 years ago that if I didn't have benefits I would not be put on the transplant list. So because I choose to work instead of live off the government on odsp I cannot be listed. So that 50 million would be nice if it was used for something like this or for non covered drugs that are needed by cancer patients.

Jay72, while I sympathise with you and commend you for not wanting to be on ODSP. We as a society created these social programs just for these kinds of situation and I think you should take full advantage of it as there is no shame or blame in operating within the framework. You can continue to work and be on ODSP from what little I know from talking to some people so it might be an option for you.

As for where to spend the money, this is not a choose A or B issue. We all have our causes and we we all want to champion them as our pain is the only pain that we are aware of. I don't think this is a vote buying platform (estimations put it around 4000 people). This is simply a mandate that will help apparently 1 in 6 parents conceive and have their own children. While we can dream about adoption and foster care, there is a very strong biological urge to procreate and it's not for us to deny; especially with proven techniques albeit financial burden. Furthermore, since Canada is one of the country that is having an imminent issue if not a crisis maintaining population growth, I'm all for whatever way to replenish the coffers I mean masses. I need someone to pay into the damn social fabric in order to maintain my cottage in Muskoka and and condo downtown.

They need to get rid of IVF, too many homeless kids or kids forced to grow up in bad homes that could use the love.
Same with the animal breeders crap. People buy from these jag offs, instead of adopting when there is already way to many strays on the streets and suffering, spending years in a pound kennel until they are deemed not cute enough to adopt and get euthanized.

Pretty much agree with you about the dog thing... I wish more people would adopt. We go in to the humane society a couple times a month to take a look around... We almost came out of the place with a dog but she was spoken for.
However, on the flip side of that, there are people that still use dogs for more than just pets. However, these people go to real breeders that actually care about the animals they bring in to the world.

Back
Top Bottom