liberals proposing payment for IVF | GTAMotorcycle.com

liberals proposing payment for IVF

meme

Site Supporter
On the table for taxpayers to pay $50 million for treatments.
This has got to stop. My heart goes out to anyone who wants kids and can't have them, but I really don't want to have to pay for that tragedy.

Believe it or not there is

And while we are at it why not complain about the government paying for sex changes to. (Yup. They do that)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

As they do in other civilized countries.

So if people now want the Government to pay for them to have kids and help them create the kids, does this mean the Government should also require you to go through a training program and assessment to see if people are fit to own kids.

If you can't have kids or afford to pay for your own IVF then either adopt or perhaps you are not financially able to support another life.

Perhaps a yearly license system with Police enforcement?

As they do in other civilized countries.

I won't imply that ontario is not a civilized place because we currently don't pay like other countries.

However I don't agree with it. Not with our provinces current provincial fiscal situation. If the province (or canada) was flush then fill your boots. Plus only about 10 percent of the population is affected by this and out of that 5% will go IVF route.

I just see 50 million being beneficial elsewhere. "Because some other kids are doing it and they are the cool (or civilized) kids we should too" is an asinine arguement.

I think the $50M might be better spent providing health care to those that are ill.

Put the money towards a subsidy to adopt parentless children. There are enough children in our country without parents needing adoption.

I won't imply that ontario is not a civilized place because we currently don't pay like other countries.

However I don't agree with it. Not with our provinces current provincial fiscal situation. If the province (or canada) was flush then fill your boots. Plus only about 10 percent of the population is affected by this and out of that 5% will go IVF route.

I just see 50 million being beneficial elsewhere. "Because some other kids are doing it and they are the cool (or civilized) kids we should too" is an asinine arguement.

Simply pointing out that this is not an unheard of program in many other countries.
Your analogy linking fertility and coolness is weak/bogus.

Put the money towards a subsidy to adopt parentless children. There are enough children in our country without parents needing adoption.

Already done. At least for fostering.

Its also a very long and drawn out process that inevitably has turned people off the entire adoption process.

My sister and her husband have spent the last 2 years going through it. To then be told they have been removed from the eligible adopters list because they felt their first foster child, who is a ward of the courts, wasnt a good fit for her family. Mainly because the biological mother still has and will always have visitation rights.

Quebec has funded IVF for about 3+ years now. Manitoba too.

The studies are showing that women who can't afford IVF are using less effective and more dangerous ways of trying to get pregnant. The result? Our health care system is burdened with damaged women, retarded babies, premature births, along with other severe medical and developmental problems.

Apparently, from the studies of Quebec, the $50mil will pay for itself many times over in saved long term health care costs.

If you can't have kids or afford to pay for your own IVF then either adopt or perhaps you are not financially able to support another life.

How many people do you know that have $100,000 sitting in the bank just to have children? That's what you're suggesting. And yet, I have two different friends who have spent that out of their own pockets to have children.

How many people do you know that have $100,000 sitting in the bank just to have children? That's what you're suggesting. And yet, I have two different friends who have spent that out of their own pockets to have children.

I don't get what you are trying to say?

If you want to have a kid then you pay for it...simple

I think I should have expanded on what i said.
Why is it ok for them to cover sex change, but no longer cover eyes.

They wont provide a medication that will save a 10 year old girl but they will pay for a woman to get a breast reduction.

Hell they even give child molesters and murderers 3 square meals a day.

They will pay or at least somewhat cover an abortion but won't help with IVF.

I'm not saying they should pay for it all. But they waste money on alot worse things.

E health
Ornge
Gass plants
Ect ect ect.

People should just get a dog. The dog is dead in 12-16 yrs. At 16 your kid will wreck your nice car, then ask for 80k to go to college, take a stupid course that will prepare them to live in your basement. The girlfriend will move in to, they met at college and she to is unemployable.
She'll be pregnant because 20yr old college girls don't need IVF, they can get knocked up by sitting in the wetspot.
Just get dogs people, its so friggin easier.

people should just get a dog. The dog is dead in 12-16 yrs. At 16 your kid will wreck your nice car, then ask for 80k to go to college, take a stupid course that will prepare them to live in your basement. The girlfriend will move in to, they met at college and she to is unemployable.
she'll be pregnant because 20yr old college girls don't need ivf, they can get knocked up by sitting in the wetspot.
just get dogs people, its so friggin easier.

lol

I'd say once wait times are reduced to a reasonable amount of time and everyone in this country has access to a family doctor, then we could consider funding IVF treatment for women who cannot get pregnant -- until then, I'd say we have higher priorities and those women can fund it themselves since it is not a medical necessity.

I have a huge problem with this particular funding, just for few reasons ...... OHIP funds drugs if they are fully administered while you are in hospital, the moment they send you home packing they give you a prescription, which in cancer cases will costs you thousands and thousands per month, you have to cover yourself or people die. This loop hole is ridiculous and is far from the spirit of OHIP or Canadian health care in general. So, if they find 30 mil. for IVF that they should first find funding for the people who are critically ill and need coverage just to keep themselves alive!

I have a huge respect for people who are trying to have kids and cannot or find it extremely difficult, so I do understand the sympathy to the program, but the priorities seem to be really strangely ordered.

The other question is ... the stats are showing that women are having kids later and later, trying to beat the biological clock which always doesn't work. I am not certainly advocating for young mothers, but the age should be a strong consideration as well.

Lastly, the Ontario health minister has to go ... she's got a huge mess on her hands which she has done nothing with to solve. You cannot almost find a department in her portfolio which is not a problem. It's a tough file, but we should do a whole lot better than the current minister!

Back
Top Bottom