How do you guys shoulder check? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you guys shoulder check?

Skully looks pretty neat, it's like IronMan lol.

Yah thanks for all the shoulder checking advice out there guys, I gotta give them a try some other day.

I guess with being upright making it easier to look, does not help at all on an R6 and for those saying my gear might be too big, I have a size L jacket with shoulder padds inside. and Shoei rf1100 helmet. I turn my head with hands on bar, I could probly get a slightly less than 90degree turn and just barely see the blind spots.

if you refer to riding as driving, perhaps it is you that should..

nevermind, you wouldnt get it :rolleyes:

if you refer to riding as driving, perhaps it is you that should..

nevermind, you wouldnt get it :rolleyes:

Bwahahaha! If you don't ask, you never learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if you drive a car but they teach you how to blind check without moving the steering wheel. What I do is angle my head so my chin is vertical. May not work for everyone but it works for me, especially on the highway because of the wind drag on the visor at highway speeds unless I angle my head since I cant fit my head behind windscreen.

$6 adjustable blind spot mirrors from Canadian Tire are worth their weight in gold.

Shoulder check is automatic like punching in PIN number. Cannot explain process.

Lol peeps who are saying shoulder check is automatic for them, well yes. Same for me, but my original question wasnt about doing your shoulder checks, it's about if it is ok to let go of one handle bar in order to get your head turned further around if needed. If by doing so, would you fail your m2x doing the same thing?

Maybe I should have titled it differently lol I guess my title question is mis-leading people

Last edited:
Lol peeps who are saying shoulder check is automatic for them, well yes. Same for me, but my original question wasnt about doing your shoulder checks, it's about if it is ok to let go of one handle bar in order to get your head turned further around if needed. If by doing so, would you fail your m2x doing the same thing?

Maybe I should have titled it differently lol I guess my title question is mis-leading people

Don't let go during your test. The examiners are looking for head movement to see that you are checking hazardous locations like school crossings, gas stations, intersections etc. Letting go of a bar during the exam except to signal is frowned on.

Yeah i would have thought that the beta testers would have had the helmets by now, I applied last year and then got the same form reply. Basically thanks we will get back to you when we choose testers. You would think if they are planning as their website says a "2014" release date, then they would have the testing underway. Otherwise when are they going to release it Dec 2014?? LOl

I want one of these http://www.skullyhelmets.com/heads-up-display-helmet/

Probably going to be ridiculously expensive though.

Don't let go during your test. The examiners are looking for head movement to see that you are checking hazardous locations like school crossings, gas stations, intersections etc. Letting go of a bar during the exam except to signal is frowned on.

Cool, thanks. Basically answered my question lol

Once or if I ever get my Skully helmet, the first thing im gona do is set up the voice so it sounds like Jarvis.

#whatchuknowboutIronman #LOL

for the m2 exit test I'd keep both hands on the bars and make sure its noticable that I'm turning my head for blind spot/mirror checks. Normal riding rotate my hips and *** so that I can take my hand off the bar, quickly square my shoulders which puts me about 45 degrees with the bike, very easy to see anything and everthing beside me in one glance, then adjust to normal seating position. Seems to work well for me

Back
Top Bottom