help, no start after pods | GTAMotorcycle.com

help, no start after pods

blakeonline

Hello all,
Yesterday I had finished putting my carb back in, and as well a new battery. I connected the gas tank and added fuel. I tried to start the bike and didnt realize I had only filled the reserve tank. I flipped the petcock to reserve but had killed half the battery at that point. I managed to get the bike to start for a minute or two as long as I was giving throttle but then it died and I noticed gas pouring from the carbs.
So.... I have not put the elbows and filters on the carbs yet as I want to make sure it starts first. Could this be effecting the carbs ability to suck the gas into the engine? Thats what im thinking but no clue if im on the right track.
Thanks in advance,

Blake
Vstar 1100 / 07

gas pouring out of carbs = float issue, your floats are not sealing and gas is overflowing. Unless your comfortable with removing the carbs/working on them I would let someone that knows what they are doing take care of it.

I would put the filters on before running it, it'll likely be running very lean if at all. That's why you have to hold the throttle to get it to run, it's getting way too much air. Usually if you add pod filters you need to rejet to allow for the excess air. As far as the fuel leaking, it's possible that it's somehow caused by the open carb inlets/vacuum issue maybe? Otherwise the floats aren't set to proper height. Did you have them apart when they were out of the bike? Are both carbs leaking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom