Know anyone who can re-mount a rear tire for not too much? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Know anyone who can re-mount a rear tire for not too much?

matt220

So I noticed this awhile back after picking up my new (to me) bike, the rear tire was put on the rim in the wrong direction! I contacted the seller and he said that because he had the rear tire replaced right before winter and never noticed. He told me where he got the tire replaced, although I don't know if I should mention which business did it because I'm sure it was an honest mistake.

Anyone know a place that can take my tire off and put it on in the correct direction for a fair price? Thanks.

If your in Brampton I use Mickey motto he just install a tire on rim for me he did my rear tire last summer. But I install them back on the bike myself thou.

So I noticed this awhile back after picking up my new (to me) bike, the rear tire was put on the rim in the wrong direction! I contacted the seller and he said that because he had the rear tire replaced right before winter and never noticed. He told me where he got the tire replaced, although I don't know if I should mention which business did it because I'm sure it was an honest mistake.

Anyone know a place that can take my tire off and put it on in the correct direction for a fair price? Thanks.

Just go back to that shop and get them to fix it. Should not cost anything.

rosey toes $20/tire. careful though, i heard softies aren't welcome there.

I may regret this but, what's a softie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and if they shop won't correct their mistake....let us know which one it is. That should not have been a mistake in the first place.

I've used GoodWheels recently for tire mounting.

If your in Brampton I use Mickey motto he just install a tire on rim for me he did my rear tire last summer. But I install them back on the bike myself thou.

Never mind, I thought you are in the west ...

I've heard horror stories from rosie toes. I've even powder coated several rims, that came from rosie toes, as some of the people there just don't care. If you want close, 109 cycle at warden and danfourth road, can easily help you out. Other then that, i think you could get a good deal at 22 customs, at wilson and lawrence. Jason is normaly very reasonable.

Edit for clarifiction:
People went to rosie, some one scracthed the rims really bad, they drove over to the shop i worked at (which is close to rosie) and asked for new powder on rims.

Nothing like sand blasting 6 or 8 rims in a day......Brutal when your using princess auto stuff LOL.

Last edited:
I may regret this but, what's a softie?

The guys just like to be a bit abrasive and vulgar. I've been there 3 times and Ted's go-to jokes involve blowjobs and handjobs. Just pretend he's funny or come back with your own.

iMO Rosey Toes is for guys with beaters and older bikes who want cheap and fast service. I would not bring anything current or expensive there. The guys there are from a different planet.

I enjoy his humor. Never scratched any of my rims. He even came in to the shop after closing to change a tire and tube for me because it popped the night before a trackday.

Wouldn't get any serious work done there, but for tires and safeties he is cheap and fast.

I honestly have no issues with ted doing work, I however don't trust some of his workers. This was a about 4 years ago, maybe things have changed, but from previous threads it seems not.

Ted is a nice guy. His humour seemed odd initially - but it is funny now.

Back
Top Bottom