Rider down at Brentcliffe and Eglinton | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider down at Brentcliffe and Eglinton

Ninja10

Motorcyclist injured in crash at Eglinton and Brentcliffe

A motorcyclist is in critical condition following a crash in East York Wednesday.
Police, fire and EMS were called to Eglinton Avenue and Brentcliffe Road for a collision involving a car and a motorcycle at 4:06 p.m. on April 9.
The male motorcyclist was taken to Sunnybrook hospital via an emergency run.
His injuries are life-threatening, EMS deputy commander Joe Moyer said.
Police closed Eglinton between Leslie Street and Laird Drive for the investigation.
Anyone with information can call police at 416-808-1900.

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...injured-in-crash-at-eglinton-and-brentcliffe/

http://www.cp24.com/news/motorcylist-in-life-threatening-condition-after-collision-1.1768684

Just saw this on my way home after work probably a few minutes after it happened, right next to where i live and ride everyday. Hope the rider recovers as it was not a pleasant thing to see. I believe someone mentioned it was a hit&run.

All the best to him and his family.

GWS Rider.

I pass by there almost everyday. I hate that right turn from Brentcliffe onto Eglinton.

Me too, i hope they put some metal bars for the pedestrians, make it no right on red and put a camera there. I've seen too many bad things happen at that intersection

I hope this rider is going to be okay, it seems like over the last week there has been too many accidents involving motorcycles. I work just around the corner from there and that intersection is one that needs a red light camera. It's one of the worst intersections and the majority of drivers run the lights when they are already red. I don't know any details but I'd almost bet it was someone in a car who will be at fault this time just from my experience of 21 years using that intersection and witnessing how people drive in that area.

gws

i was going up laird around 7 and wondered what all the traffic was about. that stretch, especially westbound after the merger is pretty crummy... even in car

That hits too close to home, being my route to work. That intersection is bad being right at the top of the hill because of westbound traffic approaching the intersection. I see a lot of cars try to make it through amber lights and/ or passing TTC busses stopped at the top of the hill, all with sun in their faces in the afternoon. It's very precarious for all traffic, pedestrians and cyclists going north-south or making the right turn onto Eglinton from Brentcliffe.

To add to the traffic, there was another accident in the intersection of Don Mills and Eglinton, which I don't think involved a motorcycle. I was trying to take Overlea to get around everything but Don Mills was closed at Eglinton.

That intersection is pretty terrible during rush hour. Wife works thee and snapped a few photos.
Warned all my riding buddies, especially new riders, about anticipating everything.
Be safe everyone
2a9ypu6e.jpg

uqa3agub.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R.i.p fellow rider ,,,,,,, our hearts go out to you and your family as well as your brothers/sisters........

Just to set everyone straight. And to ease others minds. I witnessed this accident from the before to the extreme after. This was not a hit and run. The car was at fault as far as I am concerned. The motorcycle driver is still alive as of Thursday P.M. and I will get an update on Tuesday. I must say that in the process of attempting to help this man, I was angered by the people taking pictures instead of assisting. This was a devastating event and I have thought of and prayed for this young man since. Everyone needs to pray for him. He is only 35 that's way to young.... :-(

Just to set everyone straight. And to ease others minds. I witnessed this accident from the before to the extreme after. This was not a hit and run. The car was at fault as far as I am concerned. The motorcycle driver is still alive as of Thursday P.M. and I will get an update on Tuesday. I must say that in the process of attempting to help this man, I was angered by the people taking pictures instead of assisting. This was a devastating event and I have thought of and prayed for this young man since. Everyone needs to pray for him. He is only 35 that's way to young.... :-(
thanks for posting,you are correct that people are geared to assist except those who have had some training, our prayers go out to this rider.

Any chance you know which unit in SB he's in? I feel like I should visit just so he knows other riders care about him and share his experience with friends in hopes to smarten some of the crazy ones who take riding for granted.

How did the accident happen? Did the car try to beat the left turn signal? Was he coming from the North? Or did the bike try to ride around the Diamond lane and underestimate the lights?

Oh wow, less than 5 minutes from my place:( Hope the rider is ok. Thanks for posting TTC driver.

Any chance you know which unit in SB he's in? I feel like I should visit just so he knows other riders care about him and share his experience with friends in hopes to smarten some of the crazy ones who take riding for granted.

How did the accident happen? Did the car try to beat the left turn signal? Was he coming from the North? Or did the bike try to ride around the Diamond lane and underestimate the lights?

I can not tell you where in Sunnybrook he is, he is in critical condition and I do know that his family is focused on trying to keep him alive. I have advised the investigator that I would like contact when it is appropriate. The bike had right of way he was oncoming eastbound. The light turned red as he approached intersection and the westbound car tried to beat the N/S traffic and turned left in the path of the motorcycle. I will post when I hear more. However, all riders please be safe and keep your heads up and witts about you.

Back
Top Bottom