Thinking of getting married? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thinking of getting married?

There's someone on this forum that can make any ring design you want for a lot cheaper than the retail stores sell them as well as source great diamonds. We got all our rings done custom by him for a lot less than 6k and something of equivalent quality/size/style would easily be closer to 10k at a brand name store. I'm not naming him here because he prefers to be rated elsewhere and not use this forum for his business. He'll speak up if he wants to. You can pm me too.

This is me :)

If anyone wants to ask me anything they are welcome to.

So wife and I got talking about this, she tells me a story about some girls from work that went and had appraisals done on the rings they had been given then launched big fights with the boyfriends because " W's ring is so much better than Y's, and you told me this was worth 5k and its not!!" ......

Really people? who the hell even dates a girl that thinks like that let alone proposes to her? No wonder family courts are clogged.

My wifes family owned a jewelry store so it would have been noticed if I didn't present a decent bobble.

These kind of girls cheating is Ok.
But then again birds of a feather flock together, who am I to judge?

Don't count on your parents to leave you anything, you might be surprised. My dad died and didn't leave me a single penny.

Why would anyone ever assume and expect their parents to help them out? Seriousy. What a bunch of spoon fed spoiled people we have.

My mom makes as much as many 2 income families make. I never received a penny aside from a roof over my head and food in the kitchen. The day I was done highschool she had me paying rent.

When it comes to buying a home, I would never ask her for, or assume she would offer me any money... And I assume that when she passes I get nothing.

And I assume that when she passes I get nothing.

And that's just the correct thing to say. If you got nothing, you might want to think about your relationship. Of course by then it'll be too late. And I assume I'm right.

Why would anyone ever assume and expect their parents to help them out? Seriousy. What a bunch of spoon fed spoiled people we have.

My mom makes as much as many 2 income families make. I never received a penny aside from a roof over my head and food in the kitchen. The day I was done highschool she had me paying rent.

When it comes to buying a home, I would never ask her for, or assume she would offer me any money... And I assume that when she passes I get nothing.

ct51c9fbc3.jpg

Dont be bitter just cause your parents aren't willing to help you out in life.
There are plenty of parents out there who do help their kids out, after all they're their kids.

I spent a lot more than that. Trust me that it was a very good investment and we will leave it at that.

People can only speak for their own situation so telling someone else they are crazy is kind of pointless.

A diamond ring is an investment? Unless you got it from a thief for chump change i find that hard to believe since the crazy mark up on jewellery these days

Bwahahahahahahahahaa, I hope this isn't you Paul1000r.

No its not me lol

However i do know the guy and this ad is 100% legit

But percentage wise mark ups on other items is WAY more. The truth of the matter is nothing sold is worth anything... everything is perception.

A cup of large coffee costs less then $0.10 but sells for $2.00

A nike t-shirt costs less then $1.00 but sells for $29

A Luis Vuitton bag costs $10 to make and sells for $1500

Bike dealerships say they dont make money on sales?? then they must be the only business on earth.. My uncle owned a lada dealership in Europe and sold $3000 ladas for $8000 but the public was told they make money only on repairs and maintenance..

I have been in business since 1999 and i know by now in every industry the product costs nothing compared to sell price.

But we created this...

The only thing of value really is skill and labour

there is certainly a lot of different ethnic and philosophic differences in peoples approach to this ring business and family deals. At a certain point jewelry is worth money because there is a market for 10k pieces just like vintage rolex. But it aint kijiji.
I cant imagine a relationship where my parents or inlaws aren't leaving me everything, in fact in our estate planning I'm transferring ownership of houses and joint signatures on acct so rev Canada gets the least amount possible.
My mom would loan me money for anything, she financed my first race boat in fact, why give a bank interest when it can stay in the family?
Some of you guys have , in my version of reality, odd relations with your parents, and your girlfriends.

A diamond ring is an investment? Unless you got it from a thief for chump change i find that hard to believe since the crazy mark up on jewellery these days
You missed my point but its ok, that ring will never be sold

This is why IVF is in such high demand.

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS

ct51c9fbc3.jpg

Dont be bitter just cause your parents aren't willing to help you out in life.
There are plenty of parents out there who do help their kids out, after all they're their kids.

Not bitter in any form. Why would you EXPECT help from anyone as an adult?

It's great if parents help out their kids, its nice of them to do... However, kids shouldn't be expecting it.
It's not that I have a bad relationship, my mom is just very focussed on her personal finances, and that's her business.
In the end it turned out a kid that was self reliant... I was also that 6 year old kid that could get himself up and ready for school, arrive there, and get myself home without my mom needing to be around. I was just expected to look after myself. And there is nothing wrong with that form of parenting.

Now, I know my grandma has something aside for me. What it is I don't know, but the only reason I am aware of it is because she has told me.

Raise your kids to be self sufficient. They will therefore not "need" anything from you when you're gone. If I choose to leave something for my kids, bonus for them. As it is there is a lot of $ going into their upbringing and education. Maybe I'll just retire and live on what I've earned and saved throughout my life (minus what was stolen) and the kids get no monetary inheritance. My choice....as it is my parents.

When i was enguaged, every one would say "Why would you do something like that?" Or somthing along thsoe lines. I thought every oen was being an *******, then I hit my two year mark...... Every one is different, i jsut hope who is tying the knot, is tying it with the right person. Good luck buddy!

When I show my wife my car rims and aftermarket levers she says she wouldn't spend her money on it but understands i enjoy it. She enjoys her ring and I enjoy my toys. And tbh diamonds and gold hold their value longer then aftermarket bike parts.

I feels no ways spending $6000 on her ring because she is very supportive to me and I sold my first bike to pay for it.

I was able to buy these two right after my wedding this year.
yhe7yva2.jpg

Last edited:
When I show my wife my car rims and aftermarket levers she says she wouldn't spend her money on it but understands i enjoy it. She enjoys her ring and I enjoy my toys. And tbh diamonds and gold hold their value longer then aftermarket bike parts.
Guess which guy wife did not say a word when I showed up home with a new race bike?

This-Guy-Jim-Halpert-The-Office.gif

Back
Top Bottom