Racers -- who is ready to go??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racers -- who is ready to go???

Rob

Allright guys/girls, It's almost time. Who's ready? Who's still waiting for parts? Who hasn't winterized the bike yet ;)
Who's planning on doing the RACE/SOAR invitational dates?

Share you stories...Cherrypicker is gone :(

I'm not anywhere near ready. Still working on 3 bikes.

Test day in May is coming up WAY to fast.

We will be at both invitational weekends tho it will be tough with kids' high school exam schedule.

Duc is almost totally ready for BOTT. Rookie year for me so has been a steep learning curve on bike prep. Will definitely be on track for SOAR practice weekend.

Prairie Dog GTU endurance bike is getting there - pretty much all remaining hard parts will be in hand this week, but the team member responsible for repairing and painting the bodywork buggered off to England to ride Donnington....Hopefully the May 11 weekend is still a possibility for that bike but I am starting to have doubts.

I expect we will be at the GB joint round, but I am not so sure about Shannonville.

Allright guys/girls, It's almost time. Who's ready? Who's still waiting for parts? Who hasn't winterized the bike yet ;)
Who's planning on doing the RACE/SOAR invitational dates?

Share you stories...Cherrypicker is gone :(

So what's your plan Rob;) Is Kana coming back this year?

As for me it all depends on whether or not i fit in the suit after this long winter. Currently on a starvation program lol, come May if i can squeeze in i'm racing, i'll do the invitation round maybe a couple of RACE rounds, full schedule for SOAR including Endurance.

I wish. I'm having trouble getting parts for the 600. Who though that'd be tough?!

Well, I DID winterize the bike...

Still to do:
- re-install clutch
- install new Hindle generation/evo exhaust system
- install Bazzaz fuel management from Speedworx
- get some tuning done with Condor
- finish sanding bodywork and spray it (3 colour job)
- get some new brake fluid, pads, small parts
- do some trailer renovations

Hope to be ready for RACE round 1!
-

Bike should be ready to go (in theory). New leathers need adjustment but I should be able to use the old set for now. Big problem at the moment ... no tow vehicle. (Factory order is taking longer than expected)

I think there will be no sprint racing for me in 2014...just endurance.

A few odds and ends t do on the bike, but all in all, it's same old same old.

Almost ready, just a few more parts and a paint job.

If my kid is born at the end of April as planned it may be hard for me to take off for a weekend so my schedual is unknown.

Not nearly ready.

Still need:
-Paint bodywork(have a working backup set in case that falls through)
-Put on new midpipe
-New rear tire
-Brake guard/sharkfin
-Fluids
-Safety wiring(most of it is done)
-Odds/ends

Not doing the practice weekend. Hoping to do the Friday of Round 1 and hope everything works.

Ok, good to hear. Racing in Canada ( or at least around here IS alive). Hopefully the racing gods will be kind and we'll get great weather for test weekends to give some relief from this hellish winter. Good luck and be safe all!

I haven't seen my bike all winter due to $&@$/) circumstances so hopefully ill pull the trailer out of storage this weekend and find a nice warm place to work on my bike. I'll pull the old dinosaur out, see if it starts and take it from there.
Jay, Kana's race at SOAR in sept last year was probably her last time in competition, but you'd have to ask her to know for sure...

Finished the big stuff today

Left to do:
Send bike to Z1 for tunning and map
Install rain tires on second set of wheels
Get Drew to make me a new set of numbers

Oh and when I test road it around the house today the quickshifter didn't work, so got to figure that one out.

Havent looked at my ZX since I broke the tranny at Mosport last year. On upside the squidly one has new bodywork done for it. I havent even seen my FZR1000/750 since I lent it to my old teammate last August. At least I have managed to do some organizing for the rest of you :D
I plan on running VRRA stuff and will get to race at Shanny for the invitational. Chris running it and not me allows me to come play. Should be fun being I havent turned a wheel there in ten years although have almost twenty years riding there. I am stoked and look forward to this season and more importantly next season. Big plans for 2015 with this season laying the groundwork. Glad to see you guys getting excited.

laid up with a broken 5th metatarsal, in left foot. maybe surgery next week. no riding for a while for me. Suppose to be packed up and heading down south today too. I look forward to the combined weekend. it will be nice to see a full paddock again.

Last edited:
Almost ready. Just brake guard and shark fin, suspension dialed in and mental prep :). Now just waiting on nice weather to get out and get a feel for this thing before Round 1!!

Likely gunna be less racing for me this season. I still haven't even winterized the bike yet.

Still need a few small things like numbers, brake guard, change the rear suspension spring, setup suspension and get out to trackday before round 1 to try out the new to me bike, same as my streetbike so shouldn't be to different but having proper suspension for me should be nice. I will be doing all 7 rounds this year (barring any injuries) and am definitely looking forward to it.

ordered numbers. still needs battery and tires.

Back
Top Bottom