Beware Leatherup.ca | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beware Leatherup.ca

MOTU

Long time lurker, first time poster. I did a search and found a review in the archives, but nothing recent, so forgive me if there has already been one posted:

Ordered new jacket from Leatherup.ca. Seemed like a great deal. I ordered a size up like the site said. When it arrived I was swimming in it, so shipped it back (at my expense obviously). A month goes by and I received nothing so we called. Told it's on back order and we will receive in 2 weeks. 6 more weeks... go by (jacket is now listed on site as discontinued) and still had not heard anything. So another phone call and told it's still on back order (somehow you can have a discontinued item on backorder??!!).

Decide it's not worth it to deal with them anymore and ask for a refund. The refund was actually somewhat fast, but they only issued a partial refund. The email stated they were refunding 3 dollars less than paid. When questioned they informed us that they do not refund VAT. Funny, I live in Canada and not the UK: we don't have VAT nor was it listed as an itemized amount on the bill. Furthermore, all HST paid is fully refundable.

Fast forward to when we actually received the credit and it is a further 17 dollars less then the stated email amount and they are no longer responding to emails. After a phone call their excuse again was that they don't/can't refund taxes. We are to wait until a manager calls back (ie not happening). They also hung up on my wife last time she called.

Mastercard won't help as they don't handle tax disputes.

This companies business model seems to be send out the wrong sized item, accept exchange, never send out replacement.

I have also posted my review here: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.leatherup.com
I'm not the only one that has had this issue.

Do yourselves a favour, buy from a reputable company. After all said and done, ordered the jacket in early December, it is now April and not only do I not have a jacket, I am out 40 bucks (20 they refuse to refund and another 20 to ship it back to them).

Last edited:
I have purchased 2-3 items with no issue. Last one the size was a bit off, returned/exchanged with no issue at all. Quality was good, shipping was reasonable. Jacket, Boots and a vest on 3 separate orders.

I had some questions which were patiently onward by their customer service representative. Straight forward, full refund less shipping she says.

So I will go with that and hope there isn't any funny business. :0)

much of the stuff on the site looks the same as they sell at Tons of Bike Gear in Pelham. Might have been worth going to this store instead

Why invest on the local economy when you can save a few pennies (not) on the webs?
much of the stuff on the site looks the same as they sell at Tons of Bike Gear in Pelham. Might have been worth going to this store instead

Back
Top Bottom