Does racism still exist? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does racism still exist?

Re: SlowMo
You're correct. But we're talking about semi locally....or NA and western Europe. That's where it's perceived as negative.

Weellll.... sure.. if you want to make it locally, or western nations, sure. It's a negative symbol due to a certain Third Reich. The swastika has been around for thousands of years. Due to our generally limited grasp of the big picture (i.e. the blip in time of WW2 compared to several thousand years, and the fact that we generally think in the here and now, and the average person has a decent idea of the last 100 years or so), it's an extremely negative symbol

Now, I'll tread lightly, as this will indeed get some people enraged.
It annoys me that people let single, (OK, spread over a span of years) horrifying moments define who they are today.
The Holocaust.
Slavery.
Religious cleansing.

There have been variations of all of those since the beginning of recorded history.
Some groups complain more than others.
None of it helps ease racism today.
Harping on those only intensifies racism.

^^^ +1 to it all.

I cant call someone an idiot without it being a hate crime.

Racism is out there towards EVERYONE!

What drives racism and general hate. My best 2 examples are.

Carabana.
EVERY YEAR someone is shot or stabbed. Coming from a white guy (who isnt racist one bit) that does not fare so well for the black community. Personally think that parade should be banned.

Gay pride. (Ok not exactly racism but hey)
I have no problem with gay people, but for the few that dance around wearing banana hammocks calling it a "family event"
Do that on any other day 100 yards from a school and your a sex offender.

Again as a straight male. That ain't winning any points.

So for some at least racism or general hate usually has a cause other then upbringing. Some bad apples ruin it for the bunch.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

can I call you an idiot for thing caribana is a "black community" event??

Sure if youd like.

What I was meaning was the fact that if you look at the demographic participating in the parade itself it seems like a "black" event.

My only 2 Caribbean friends are whiter then me.

Last edited:
Sept15-oct15? Anyone else notice the Hispanics trying to sneak in TWO months? JK!
If you look at the trash in Canada, most are white (IMO), most immigrants come here and work their butt off to get a better life. Again, IMO. Maybe we should ship some of the lazy whites out. Btw, I'm not being racist, just anti-sh$&head. I'm also Caucasian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure we have lots of trash. There is just as much trash with every other race in Canada. Haven't you noticed the names of all of these people pulling off violent and drug related crime?
There is nothing you can do about lazy people if they are born here. What I have a hard time with are immigrants coming to the country, bringing useless family members that are just leeching off of Canada without having put their dues in. I sure wouldn't mind seeing a big change in the immigration policies... Such as sending people back where they came from if they can't stay out of trouble, and basically no social assistance in the form of health care and monetary hand outs for the first few years they are in the country.

^^^ +1.

Plus did everyone know that refugees have FULL mediacl coverage.
Even dental and eyes. And all prescriptions paid for.

^^^ +1.

Plus did everyone know that refugees have FULL mediacl coverage.
Even dental and eyes. And all prescriptions paid for.

Blame that on the bleeding hearts. My parents are immigrants & have pumped in thousands of dollars.

If I recall correctly in 2012 there was a boatload of refugees & we welcomed them with open arms.

As immigrants my family took advantage of the health stuff when needed, even had to go on welfare for a few months when the money we brought in ran out, but the taxes we've all paid since then more than covered all of that stuff plus any services used since then. Sometimes you gotta consider it as a hand-up instead of a hand-out.

As immigrants my family took advantage of the health stuff when needed, even had to go on welfare for a few months when the money we brought in ran out, but the taxes we've all paid since then more than covered all of that stuff plus any services used since then. Sometimes you gotta consider it as a hand-up instead of a hand-out.

you never know a person's true intentions until after-the-fact, which makes it hard to create a solution that makes everyone happy.

you never know a person's true intentions until after-the-fact, which makes it hard to create a solution that makes everyone happy.

The problem is that our economy needs a certain number of immigrants to function. If we make ourselves too unappealing, we don't get those we need.

As long as humans roam the earth, there will be racism, prejudice, and discrimination.

Back
Top Bottom